Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro1-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
We are a team full of bright and exceptionally friendly people who work together to create a wide variety of solutions to complex and challenging problems. In order to ensure exceptional results, our team creates reusable IP by following a rigorous process that begins with requirements, is supported by documentation and ends with verification.
Are you tired of critical customer bugs causing you to work every weekend? If so, you may be ready to trade some of your frustration for a process that has been proven to produce nearly perfect designs. Our team follows a standardized work flow and an efficient process that enables us to consistently create robust and reliable designs that our customers can rely upon. We focus our energy on future solutions, not fixing past mistakes.
Our team is split into two equally valuable groups. The Design team owns the design and is responsible for creating innovative solutions for our customers. The Verification team is committed to confirming that the modules we produce behave exactly as specified. Neither group could stand on its own, but together are successful. Our team of highly skilled individuals have both a depth and breadth in their roles. We all perform some level of verification; we all participate in requirements definition & design engineering and we all take an active role in developing new design concepts and product launches.
An FPGA design cannot live in isolation and we collaborate regularly with other departments to ensure the best solution at the system level. This collaboration has earned us a reputation for producing high quality designs that are easy to integrate and actively supported. We track and report design progress so that our Leadership team can be well informed as they allocate resources.
We also understand the complex world of FPGA designs as a marathon, not a sprint. We recognize that being excellent in life goes well beyond engineering and includes actively participating in our communities and spending time with friends and family. With this in mind, we set aggressive but achievable goals that allow us to feel challenged while maintaining a work life balance.
In short, it is a great place to work!
You will join the FPGA Design team and actively participate in the new product introduction (NPI) design process by creating solutions using digital design techniques primarily in the context of FPGA technology. This includes:
- Creating FPGA designs using the VHDL language
- Simulating your designs using Questa Sim
- Utilizing Xilinx design tools for synthesis, implementation, debugging and timing closure
- Assisting the Verification Team as required
- Integrating library modules within a larger FPGA design
- Verifying, Testing and debugging in hardware
- Participating in regular design reviews
- Presenting FPGA status updates at regular NPI project meetings
- Supporting product sustaining operations
- Generating high quality documentation
- Following departmental practices and coding guidelines
- Providing input and support to others outside of the FPGA team
- Contributing to the team’s knowledge by sharing lessons learned
- Participate in company educational events and training as needed
- Propose ideas for, and participate in, continuous inter and intra-group innovation
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Manager
We are specifically looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about being excellent, yet humble enough to learn from others
- A collaborator, knowing that it improves the results of independent work
- Excited to follow a workflow and process that will produce high quality designs
- Respectful while interacting with others, especially when they are wrong
- Matlab for algorithm development
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing techniques
- Experience with Digital or Analog Video
- Experience with DO254 or other standardized safety critical processes
- Meets the requirements of the Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
Desired Education and Experiences
- Minimum 8 years of FPGA design experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $17 billion.
To learn more, visit https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Brand new, custom-built 330,000 sq ft Engineering and Production facility atop the Waterdown escarpment in Hamilton
- Close to hiking paths along the Bruce trail
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- 18000 sq ft subsidized Café including 12 mini- Café areas throughout the complex
- Free10,000 sq ft on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Remote/hybrid work options, hoteling stations providing flexibility and multiple work options
- Wellness rooms – first aid, prayer, mother’s room and quiet zones
- Work/Life balance
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.