Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Business Systems Analyst with ERP & MES experience
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Business Systems Analyst
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro1-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
Key interface between Configuration Management (CM) users and Information Technology department, the role of Business System Analyst refers to the coordination of all activities related to the WESCAM processes managed in the various business systems with emphasis on ERP-LN and MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
- Interfacing with users on gathering business requirements or use cases, formulate problems and identify solutions
- Able to perform business process mapping for the “As-Is” and “To-Be” state
- Provides guidance to Information Technology PLM Admin for PLM functional updates and configuration
- Provides guidance to MES Admin and Development Team for MES functional updates and configuration
- Item/part master Management and Maintenance
- Consistently validate data integrity in the ERP LN and MES systems
- Assist with Continuous Improvement initiatives, ERP LN and MES development, testing, & deployment
- Document functional and non-functional requirements, discussions and process mappings
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform user testing
- Support activities for mass update of data when required
- Coordinate with other application SMEs in providing assistance to internal and external users
- Develop reports using SQL Reporting Service
- Troubleshoot complex user issues and quickly develops resolutions drawing from prior experience and in-depth analysis
- Monitor and manage integration between PLM and ERP and or MES
- Create training material and perform training for users
- Support issue resolution with data transfer between PLM and ERP;
- Evaluate solutions, develop plans and provide support to projects requiring modifications to data transfer tool
- Support/Lead the development/implementation of departmental projects or improvements
- Ownership of security on behalf of the Configuration Team for ERP LN and MES
- Create, manage and test patches or incidents with external support team for ERP supplier
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, able to articulate complex solutions clearly and concisely
- Willingness to embrace change, with a drive to champion the implementation of quality / continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively balance priorities to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated capability of working on multiple tasks simultaneously under tight timelines, balance priorities, and to thrive in a high pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of Configuration Management practices
- Self-starter with ability to work under general oversight, and within a cross functional team
- High level of self-motivation, energy and tenacity
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with an ability to manage a project team towards a common goal
- Meets the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
Desired Education and Experiences
- Four years practical experience with ERP systems
- Degree in Engineering or Business discipline
- SQL Reporting Service
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good understanding of Configuration Management practices
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle SDLC
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $17 billion.
To learn more, visit https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Brand new, custom-built 330,000 sq ft Engineering and Production facility atop the Waterdown escarpment in Hamilton
- Close to hiking paths along the Bruce trail
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- 18000 sq ft subsidized Café including 12 mini- Café areas throughout the complex
- Free10,000 sq ft on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Remote/hybrid work options, hoteling stations providing flexibility and multiple work options
- Wellness rooms – first aid, prayer, mother’s room and quiet zones
- Work/Life balance
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.