Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Develop software code and solutions to the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to support efficient product flow and improved product quality
- Explore new software technologies that can impact future factory automation development
- Apply object oriented design (OOD) principles to deliver design and development work using ASP.NET and C#.
- Develop SQL queries, stored procedures, views and triggers, CTE (Common Type Expressions), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Automate processes to reduce manual operator intervention
- Responsible for creating and maintaining C# and SQL based custom test applications
- Ability to understand the build and test process to provide software based automation solutions
- Perform code reviews, validation testing and debugging
- Promote best practices on code maintenance, source code management and documentation
- Transform business requirements into technical requirements
- for factory automation
- Develop a strong relationships in the Operations Engineering and Information Technology teams to maximize collaboration and synergy
- University Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (agile/ scrum)
- Experience with ERP, MES and PLM systems is an asset
- Experience interfacing with customers and working in a large enterprise implementing complex solutions
Preferred Additional Skills
- Strong understanding of:
- C# (ASP.NET, MVC/WebForms, Entity Framework, LINQ)
- Relational database development (table and stored procedure design) using Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .NET development technologies and tools (TFS, Visual Studio, NuGet, Bower)
- Fundamental understanding of enterprise N-Tier design
- Familiarity with Windows based security [Active Directory (AD)] authentication for intranet applications
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Self-driven and motivated with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with minimum supervision
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Life at L3HARRIS WESCAM
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Beach Volleyball courts
- 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
- Sports and extra-curricular teams and activities
- Employee events such as Rib Fest and Golf Tournament
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.