Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro1-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
Our software teams work directly with our optics and hardware teams – developing code that manages all of our systems controllers and actuators, telephoto lenses or targeting & tracking systems - and in particular, code that allows those captured images to be defined and managed. We develop advanced real time software for various applications and processors, including new payloads like complex imagers, laser illuminators & targeting designators, range finders and trackers. We develop the embedded controls and user interfaces for complex electro-mechanical systems including remote I/O subsystems, custom lens controllers, and advanced video processing features.
Algorithm design, prototyping and implementation:
- Work with Senior Engineers to research solutions to difficult Engineering problems.
- Model, simulate and evaluate potential algorithms using Matlab, Python and C/C++
- Work with department stakeholders to create algorithms that meet architectural and implementation constraints
- Assess algorithms for real-world, embedded performance
- Produce requirements and design documentation as required
- Develop models for algorithms in accordance with Departmental Practices
- Assist in the development of test and verification plans as required
- Support implementation of current generation and next generation algorithms in target hardware
- Work with design Engineering to integrate and debug algorithms as required
- Follow trends in both industry and academia (GPU’s, FPGA’s, computer vision, machine learning etc)
- Provide input to and attend design reviews for projects associated with algorithm development
- Participate in New Product Introduction (NPI) meetings as required
- C/C++ coding
- Matlab/Python for algorithm development
- Reading and understanding IEEE style research papers
- Modelling and simulation of complex algorithms
- Design and implementation of complex algorithms
- Digital signal and image processing techniques
- Computer vision
- Familiarity with Machine learning and pattern analysis, neural networks, digital hardware design, VHDL, and target tracking systems is an asset
- Meets the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
Desired Education and Experiences
- Bachelor of Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent science discipline. Relevant Masters or postgraduate degree is an asset
- Minimum 6 years of algorithm design and implementation experience
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $17 billion.
To learn more, visit https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Brand new, custom-built 330,000 sq ft Engineering and Production facility atop the Waterdown escarpment in Hamilton
- Close to hiking paths along the Bruce trail
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- 18000 sq ft subsidized Café including 12 mini- Café areas throughout the complex
- Free10,000 sq ft on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Remote/hybrid work options, hoteling stations providing flexibility and multiple work options
- Wellness rooms – first aid, prayer, mother’s room and quiet zones
- Work/Life balance
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives