Windows/RedHat/Linux System Admin Software Engineers
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Reconnaissance Mission Systems in Greenville, TX, (Eastern suburb of Dallas) is excited to support our Agile Development Engineering DevOps team.
We need Windows/RedHat/Linux System Administrators ALL LEVELS (Mid to Principal/Scientist) to contribute DIRECTLY to the mission.
Below are some of the needed skills/experience we are looking for that encompasses this great opportunity L3Harris Greenville has available.
Apply here to take the next step on your path to success! IMS20202602-42045
Windows/RedHat/Linux System Admin Software Engineers concentrating on administration of Windows and Red Hat Linux systems in an OS heterogeneous environment. The candidate will have proven competency with at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following core Operating Systems: RHEL 5/6/7/8 Desktop and Server, Microsoft Windows (7/10/Server 2008/2012/2016/2019), Solaris (7/8/9/10). The position requires supporting one or more of the core OSs in an OS heterogeneous environment (Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX). The position requires thorough, hands-on experience with network and server infrastructure technologies in the core OS (DNS, DHCP, NFS, Kerberos, LDAP, IPA, AD, GPO, Kickstart, pxeboot, puppet, cloning/imaging, email server, central antivirus deployment, database server setup/maintenance).
Plan, setup, and maintain small to medium sized networks of Linux systems, Windows systems, or both. Show proficiency with government standard hardening practices (NISPOM, NIST, RMF, DFARS). Work within a team to troubleshoot server and desktop issues and implement strategies to improve configurations and networks to support Agile Development engineers. Prepare and implement backup/restore plans, including Disaster Recovery, off-site storage, and backup software such as Bacula, rsnapshot, Windows backup, BackupExec, etc.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance,
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology. Lack of degree of degree in other areas in the STEM sciences such as Mathematics, Physics, and Electrical Engineering will be considered with applicable job experience.
- 5+ years of experience in applicable job fields.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Tracking and collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Network administration such as Cisco, HP, routing, firewalls, DMZ
- Scripting such as bash, python, perl, vbs, PowerShell
- Repository and version control tools such as Bitbucket and GitLab
- Build automation tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Gradle, Maven, Ant
- Virtualization software such as Docker, vmWare
- Orchestration service such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Monitoring platforms such as Nagios, Elastic, Splunk, Zabbix, etc
- Configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Security standards such NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, DISA STIGS
- Accreditations such as Security+ CE, RHCSA, RHCE, MSCE
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.