Sr. Spec, Systems Engineering
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20213101-55872
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Spec, Systems Engineering
Job Code: IMS20213101-55872
Job Location: Greenville, TX
L3Harris is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with strong knowledge of the job area and broad knowledge of project management who will:
- Manage complex projects or processes with general oversight
- Communicate within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures
- Make moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contribute to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
- Document and support design verification tests within lab, ground and flight test environments.
- Analyze data from verification test efforts
- Prepare and present technical results for internal and external program meetings
- Support development of cost and schedule plans for minor activities
- Develop, track and present technical metrics
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- ACTIVE Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience
- OR Master’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- OR High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 14 years of relevant experience
- Experience developing and/or testing of various aircraft with at least one of the following systems: electro-mechanical, avionic, navigation, and communication systems with electromagnetic interference (EMI) requirements
- Experience reading and interpreting most of the following: technical specifications, engineering blueprints, test procedures, and technical publications
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Aircraft Maintenance experience
- Familiarity with Aircraft Maintenance Manuals
- Familiarity with FAA documentation (Regulations, Advisory Circulars, Airworthiness Directives, etc)
- Engineering efforts involving FAA-certified general/transport category aircraft (B-757, 747, 737)
- Experience troubleshooting aircraft systems including diagnosis of malfunctions
- Ability to maintain FAA Third Class medical certification
- Familiarity with DOORs
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Work within established work environment and adjust work shift schedules to meet program objectives
- Physical demands include activities in office and flight line environments
- Moving objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 lbs.
- Accountable for Customer and Company-owned Test Equipment
- Must be Customer / Stakeholder oriented
- Willingness to travel
This position requires an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance and the ability to maintain the Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.