Sr. Spec, Program Finance
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20210902-56401
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Spec, Program Finance
Job Code: IMS20210902-56401
Job Location: Greenville, TX
L3Harris is seeking a Senior Program Finance Specialist. In this role, you will work in a team environment as well as independently. You will be responsible to analyze data, generate financial reports, conduct root cause variance analysis, and provide guidance and outlook on the financial status of your programs to your Program Management Office and internal senior.
- Setting up cost control system; monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system
- Performing analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines
- Preparing budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles; sales outlook; and variance analysis
- Preparing program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled
- Performing schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks
- Ensuring adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures; directing preparation of expenditure projections; and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government
- Incorporating contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines
- Performing other duties assigned
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study and minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- OR Master's Degree in a related field with a minimum of 4 years of applicable experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, Microsoft Word applications
- Good communication skills
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.