Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20213103-58972
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Supplier Quality
Job Code: IMS20213103-58972
Job Location: Greenville, TX
The RMS Sector Supplier Quality Leader is the focal point for both internal and external tactical supplier quality activities including but not limited to Supplier Onboarding, Source Inspection, MRB, SCAR Management and Counterfeit Part Risk Mitigation processes. Serves as a coach and mentor to the Supplier Quality Engineering staff in the Sector and is responsible for driving the Zero Defect culture and mindset. Will coordinate quality engineering activities ensuring that operational and segment business initiatives are effectively implemented in the Sector.
- Organize, lead and develop a team of diverse, high caliber co-located and remotely located resources.
- Coordinate with sector/division/business supply chain and operation teams to define priorities for supplier quality engineering.
- Implement IMS policies, procedures and standards for Supplier Management that drive a preventive, zero defect culture of quality, supplier excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Utilize Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Gage R&R, Six Sigma and Lean Concepts to drive supplier improvements.
- Collaborate with supply chain to support G2G initiatives
- Generate reports and analyze supplier performance data, the impact to Sector KPIs (Supplier OTD, Supplier DPPM, etc.) and drive actions to improve those KPIs.
- Ensure effective implementation of Supplier ZDP throughout the sector.
- Lead Division/Sector CAB and ZDP Reviews
- Collaborate with the IMS Supplier Development Engineering team to resolve supplier systemic quality issues.
- Collaborate with the NPI team to understand future suppliers and their associated quality and development plans.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction with existing and new strategic suppliers.
- Participate in annual supplier forums.
- Bachelor’s degree with twelve (12) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Experience in operations, supply chain and/or quality.
- AS9100/ISO9001 or IATF16949 quality system and process audit experience required
- Proven problem-solving experience
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing a team of supplier quality professionals including team members that are working remotely.
- APQP, SPC, FMEA, Control Plan and Measurement System Analysis (MSA) experience required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Travel as required, up to 40%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- SAPand EtQ experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Subject Matter Expert in Electromechanical or Machining/Fabrication commodity
- Experience in Aircraft MRO environment
- Experience with the Government and Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP)
- Experience working with DCMA, DCAA and other Government representatives
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma and/or Shainin Rex Certified
- Experienced technical trainer
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager or Certified Supplier Quality
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.