Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc, Quality Engrg - Aircraft Maint. & Mod
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20220811-93163
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Quality Engrg (Aircraft Maint. & Mod)
Job Code: IMS20220811-93163
Job Location: Greenville, TX (On-Site)
Position is for a Sr Assoc, Quality Engineer assigned to Quality Control Hangar, Dock and Line operations and is responsible for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of company products in compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements. Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, field and clinical data. Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Serves as the primary interface to customers for quality related matters.
- Review internal and external audit data to determine program risk for various aircraft maintenance and modification programs.
- If assigned to an area supporting FAA STC projects, complete necessary training for inclusion on the ODA Inspection Unit Member Roster and perform FAA Conformity Inspections.
- Perform Investigations related to customer escapes, concerns, or other significant quality issues to include root cause determinations and preventative actions.
- Perform in-process, close-out, or final inspections of items deemed critical to the customer and present these items to customer personnel for acceptance.
- Audit completed documents associated with maintenance and modification activities for accuracy and proper completion.
- Perform sample audits of products and processes to ensure product certification activities are properly performed and meet company and contract requirements.
- Perform audits to ensure compliance requirements of AS9100 and DCMA 8210.1 instructions.
- Accurately enter all audit data into SAP database.
- Support, Train, and Mentor product certification inspectors.
- Positively interface with customer personnel of assigned programs and promptly address customer concerns.
- Maintain positive interdepartmental communication to help ensure quality requirements and goals are communicated and met.
- In-depth knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Any of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance at the time of hire.
- Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
- Candidate must be able to work in confined spaces such as aircraft fuel tanks, lower equipment bays, etc.
- Candidate must be able to review internal and external audit data to determine contractual or program risk for various aircraft ground maintenance programs to include Tool Control, Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Aircraft Ground Handling, Aircraft Servicing, Training and Certification, Ground Support Equipment, Engine and Auxiliary Power Unit Operations, Welding, Life Support, Egress Maintenance, Tire and Wheel, Corrosion Control, Aircraft Cleaning and Paint, Battery Maintenance, Hydraulic Fluid Contamination, Weight and Balance, Calibration, Oil Analysis Handling, Technical Publications, and Aircraft Records.
- Five years of experience inspecting electrical and/or mechanical aircraft systems installations and be able to determine airworthiness of the aircraft before flight testing.
- Must have a cooperative attitude and be able to positively interface with both internal and external customer personnel.
- Must be a US Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ten years of experience related to the modification and inspection of aircraft, aircraft parts and assemblies is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, establishing corrective action plans and Lean/Six Sigma principles.
- Thorough understanding of DCMA 8210.1 and AS9100 requirements.
- Familiarity with FAA documentation and Regulations (CFR 14).
- Ability to review company procedures to ensure alignment with contractual requirements and coordinate approval with all agencies.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.