Spvr, Aircraft Maintenance
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20211604-59858
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spvr, Aircraft Maintenance
Job Code: IMS20211604-59858
Job Location: Greenville, TX
This position is for a Manufacturing Team Leader within the Manufacturing organization. Responsible for organizing and leading aircraft mechanics on day-to-day production requirements that includes scheduling, budgeting, quality, and performance. Team will consist of 8 to 12 direct reports. Successful candidate must be a self-starter and familiar with machining, assembly and electrical processes. Candidate must be capable of understanding policies and procedures and executing them in a manufacturing setting. Candidate must possess the ability to communicate in a positive and persuasive manner, supporting departmental organizations.
- Assist in the development of, performance metrics in key areas such as Quality, Cost and Schedule.
- Analyze such metrics and be able to identify trends and provide corrective action when applicable.
- Facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in "core skills" areas to team members and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- Support production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment
- Perform activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including total quality management, manufacturing systems, material management, and process re-engineering
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance and the ability to maintain the stated clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to travel domestically and work overtime as required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project.
- Proven team player with outstanding customer relationship skills.
- Background in CNC machining centers as well as mechanical assembly and electrical experience desired.
- Prior supervisory experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Familiarity with engineering documents and planning processes a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.