Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Systems Engineer - DOORS
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20222906-85577
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer – DOORS
Job Code: IMS20222906-85577
Job Location: Greenville, Texas
This is an exciting opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to next generation technology products that support our way of life. Among other tasks, you will assist program teams in performing requirements traces from system to subsystem levels. You will examine the application of DOORS to specific scenarios being considered by program team personnel. You will join a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, with a long history of innovative and exceptional performance, we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
- Responsible for requirements management and interfacing daily with the program team and attending program staff meetings.
- Requirements change management
- Perform regular audits on established DOORs baselines
- Developing and maintaining control of Division Standard template and custom DXL scripts as well as processes and procedures.
- Prepare the CDRLS/Non-CDRLs for delivery to the Data Manager.
- Training Systems Engineers in utilizing the DOORS tool
- Generate Metrics and present at Program Reviews.
- Generating exports and reports
- Creating and modifying program databases.
- Establishing DOORS end user accounts
- Processing exports through Agile PDM for delivery
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Fluency in the use of IBM Requirements Database Management (DOORS) is required.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools; strong proficiency with Word and Excel required
- Knowledge of C++ and Java is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, project leaders and peer level individuals
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to work overtime and/or outside of normal business hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Understanding and experience in CDRL delivery
- Knowledge of Agile PDM process
- Consideration given to candidates with Secret security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge and experience with DXL programming language
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and demonstrate flexibility in daily work
- Ability to work individually and as a team member to achieve team objectives
- Be eligible to obtain a Top-Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Possessing other required clearances are preferred.
- Experience with Agile PDM
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.