L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Spec, Subcontracts
Job Code: IMS20202907-48490
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Develop subcontract specifications; work statements; and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials; equipment; and services for subcontract systems in support of development; production and global sustainment for multiple contract types.
- Prepare bid packages; conduct bidders' conferences; develop evaluation criteria; analyze and evaluate proposals; negotiate subcontract provisions; select or recommend subcontractors; write subcontract packages for review; prepare awards and administer resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiate and coordinate additions; deletions; or modifications to subcontracts.
- Participate with contracts administration and purchasing to execute in accordance with subcontract policies and procedures
- May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of five (5) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Candidate must be able to work closely with team members and have a willingness to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Previous procurement experience preferred.
- Contracts development/administration experience preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.