Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20201106-46488
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software/Avionics Engineer
Job Code: IMS20201106-46488
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Software/Avioncs Engineer that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized avionics hardware/software systems installed on airborne and ground-based ISR platforms. Interfaces with the customer, program management, other Systems, Test, Development, and Project Engineering personnel to understand new baseline functionality.
- Adept at using C++/C# to develop windows based GUI programs. Ample knowledge of C# is a requirement.
- Develops system level requirements and translates those into requirements for product development and aeronautical engineering.
- Provides technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development.
- Plans and executes integration & testing in a Systems Integration Laboratory, airborne and ground-based platforms.
- Verifies and validates new baseline functionality while ensuring legacy functionality still works as intended.
- Supports field team deployments for delivery, installation, and sell off of avionics systems and baseline integration.
- Plans and executes periodic SIL and platform upgrades to new baseline installation, wiring, and equipment configurations.
- Follows existing standards to document system testing status and anomalies with the system. Verifies fixes to system anomalies.
- Interfaces with customer personnel to ensure their satisfaction with system performance.
- Works with management to develop and adhere to schedules and budgets required to accomplish assigned work.
- Provides regular status updates for ongoing work efforts to keep management and customer informed.
BS in Computer Science or Engineering with six (6) years of relevant experience
- Position requires an active DoD Secret clearance with path to TS.
- Willingness and ability to perform flight test duties onboard customer ISR aircraft.
- Ability to pass an FAA Third-Class FAA flight physical, altitude chamber training, and abbreviated local flight-related training for Land/Water Survival, Emergency EGRESS, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in generating system level requirements and block diagrams, with subsequent allocation to product level requirements, aircraft installation specifications, and integration & test plans.
- Recent experience with requirements management, utilizing a tool such as DOORS.
- Hands-on experience integrating complex software intensive systems in a lab and aircraft environments.
- Experience using NI Test Stand desired.
- Experience with avionics and platform certification to DO-178 & DO-254.
- Must be able to understand hardware and software requirements documents.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks