Shop/Material Processor B
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Shop/Material Processor B
Job Code: IMS20202306-46873
Job Location: Greenville, TX
- This occupation performs the sheet metal fabrication, machining, and set up for production requirements of various aircraft parts and components. Requires setting up fixtures and planning the sequence of work using a variety of manual and CNC machine tools, sheet metal forming and bending equipment, layout, drill and tap equipment and other related machines and processes.
- SMPs at all levels are expected to perform work at increasing levels of skill and complexity as they gain experience.
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good judgment are essential traits.
Responsible for, but not limited to:
- Sets up and operates completely and independently on all simple and complex machines.
- Performs all work to specific tolerances and Company standards.
- Works from blueprints, sketches, printed or verbal information or instructions.
- Required to run and edit NC programs for adjustments to feed, speed off sets, etc.
- Proficient in the operation of precision cutting, machine shop equipment required to produce any machined part, item or assembly to specified tolerances.
- Employees may input and retrieve production data into and from computer systems.
- Employees may perform common tasks associated with making parts, getting material, tools and supplies; transporting, drilling, taping, inserting, alodine, painting, hand forming any material used in the performance of their duties.
- Employees who are assigned a Product Quality Verification (PQV) Level II certification buys off (work performed meets specifications) their own work and verify the accuracy of work performed by non-certified employees, within their occupation. Level I employees will only buy off their own work.
- Trains others; performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist in panel assembly, edge fill or honey comb assembly in a work cell environment.
- Clean-up of work areas, tools, and equipment.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Works with and uses all tools, materials, fixtures, precision instruments, machines, (including NC/CNC Machines), and equipment assigned within the work area necessary to perform duties.
- Requires three (3) years diversified machining experience. Requires a working knowledge of shop mathematics. Ability to work from blueprints, drawings, handbooks, charts and tables.
- Requires Product Quality Verification (PQV) Level II certification or must be able to become (PQV) certified within 180 days.
- Requires the ability to read and write in English. A detailed analysis of essential job function physical and environmental factors is on file in the Human Resources Department and the First Aid Center.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.