Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Technical Training
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20222507-87346
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Technical Training
Job Code: IMS20222507-87346
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Successful candidate will work with subject matter experts to develop/deliver technical training for airborne and ground-based systems. This position requires attention to detail and follow-up on all delegated assignments. Applicant must have a background in Communications as a Communications Systems Officer or Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance as a Mission Operator, Sensor Operator, or a Mission System Maintenance/Electronic Warfare (E/W) technician, ELINT operator. Responsibilities include:
- Partner with engineering teams, relevant team members, and customer representatives to define the priorities for curriculum/courseware development and to coordinate completion with product release dates.
- Develop/deliver training presentations and lesson plans form engineering documentation, field service requirements, and vendor spec sheets.
- Create course materials that ensure participants have a solid understanding of the systems, and the skills needed to operator or maintain their systems in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Must be able to deliver course materials in a formal classroom setting, trainer/simulator, or aircraft.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US TS/SCI Clearance
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Bachelor’ Degree and minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience of 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with airborne platforms or ground systems in the ISR, Communications, or Maintenance fields.
- Formal training development experience in a technical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical engineering drawings
- Strong knowledge of English grammar and usage, writing/organizational/teaching techniques, as well as a demonstrated ability to analyze technical information
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Formal training development experience in a technical environment
- Formal U.S. military instructional experience desired (TRADOC, AETC, etc.)
- ATD Instructional Design, Training Delivery, Adult Learning, or Master Trainer certifications
- Adobe Products (Captivate, Framemaker, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, etc.)
- Learning Management Systems (BlackBoard, Canvas, Moodle, Google Classroom)
- E-Learning software (Articulate Storyline, iSpring, Camtasia, etc.)
- Graphic design experience (Blender, Canva, BeFunky, etc.)
- Knowledge of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, game engine development and 3D modeling
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.