RF Test Engineer 3
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: RF Test Engineer 3
Job Code: IMS20203007-48538
Job Location: Greenville, TX
The RF Test Engineer will be responsible for performing tasks associated with maintenance, modernization, and the development of new ELINT systems.
- Develop test procedures, test cases and testing scripts, for manual and automated testing, maintain testing records, document discovered problems, perform system operation, verification, and acceptance testing.
- Support the development effort required to integrate ELINT systems on multiple assigned platforms.
- Desired Technical skills include proficiency with RF hardware test experience including tuners, receivers, antennas, amplifiers, up/down converters, and radomes.
- Candidate must interface well with other disciplines and effectively present technical information to others which include customers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders, while setting and maintaining the highest ethical standard for self and others.
- Candidate should understand basic electrical theory, electronics test equipment (digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, RF power meters, network Analyzers, antenna range measurement systems) and their applied use in testing of RF systems and mixed signal products.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting block diagrams, wire diagrams, and circuit schematics to isolate component malfunctions.
- Travel may be up to 10% of the time and required primarily within the U.S, but may include OCONUS.
- Prior military or civilian experience with ELINT or EW systems is a plus.
- B.S. degree in technical field (Electrical Engineering is preferred) with a minimum of 4 years RF test engineering experience. An equivalent combination of education and military experience may also be considered.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability obtain and maintain a secret DoD clearance. Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required.
- Must have functional working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.