Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Mechanical Engineering Task Lead
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20223006-85928
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Mechanical Engineering Task Lead
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Task Lead for our Greenville, TX location.
L3Harris is seeking qualified individuals to join our Aeronautical Systems Engineering team as a Mechanical Engineering Lead. The engineer will serve as a Task Lead for a newly awarded aircraft modification program. In this role, you will apply advanced engineering design principles to lead and develop modifications and installations for aircraft structures, mission equipment installations, and mechanical systems installations on a special mission aircraft. Ideal candidates will show an ability to develop innovative solutions to challenging design constraints, a willingness to take on new systems and engineering designs, a drive to identify and mitigate possible downstream obstacles, and offer customers unique solutions allowing the team to maintain a competitive edge. Ideal candidates will have prior experience leading 10+ engineers on the successful completion of a product design to include aircraft interiors, exteriors, and mission system modifications.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training to junior level employees
- Ensure programs are accomplished on schedule and within budget while complying with process/procedures and program requirements
- Provides input into new products, processes, standards, and production plans that have measurable impact on the achievement of overall business results
- Capable of influencing a wide range of audience, and having demonstrated leadership skills to win support without direct reporting structure
- Provide the primary Aero-to-Systems Engineering interface.
- Assist Program Management with definition of the ASE proposal effort.
- Identify required resources to ASE Managers.
- Work with Program Management, Systems Engineering, Production, HD&L, etc. to prepare an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) which will include milestones for transmittal of data from Systems Engineering to Aero Systems Engineering and from ASE to Production.
- Review, negotiate, and approve PWAs. Distribute internal budgets.
- Ensure program is entered in an Earned Value Measurement System (EVMS), as required.
- Coordinates with Leads to prepare monthly labor forecast and monthly program status reports for Manager approval.
- Establish coordination within Engineering and between Engineering, Planning, Production, etc.
- Ensure Internal Design Reviews and In-Group drawing checks are conducted per department methods. Coordinate and conduct other design reviews as required.
- Review and approve all ASE documentation, per department methods.
- Ensure that engineering drawings meet the configuration criteria of the internal engineering methods.
- Ensure that engineering changes are appropriately managed through the program’s Configuration Control Board (CCB), as defined by the program’s Configuration Management Plan.
- Ensure proper management of requirements for which ASE has responsibility.
- Ensures appropriate coordination with certification authorities for all certification activities.
- Support other Task Leaders or IPT Leads (Production and Hangar, Dock and Line) during the Manufacturing, Installation and Test phase.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with nine (9) years aircraft design related experience or Masters Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with seven (7) years aircraft design related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Be able to travel to and from the flight line, work in aircraft hangar environment and board/exit aircraft is required.
- Capable of managing and working in an environment that is fast paced, demanding, with a focus on problem resolution and process improvement
- Basic understanding of aircraft systems and various mission systems.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with twelve (12) years aircraft design related experience or Masters Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with ten (10) years aircraft design related experience
- Familiarity with FAA (Part 23 or 25) or military aircraft airworthiness design approach, certification process, and requirements
- Knowledge of with CAD and PLM software, including NX and Teamcenter
- Experience with exterior aircraft modiciations to include antennas, radomes, fairings, heavy structures
- Experience with interior aircraft modifications to include equipment racks, consoles, wire routing
- Outstanding communication (both verbally and written), negotiation, collaboration, time management, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience with cross-functional communication/coordination
- Results-oriented, empowering leader with direct experience exceling in a matrixed environment
- Direct experience with manpower planning, milestone scheduling, and related financial management
- Experience running total lifecycle of programs including proposals, bids, planning, assessing/managing risk, and execution
- Ability to perform in-depth Lead reviews on drawings and documents
- Experience as a Lead over a system product, tasking multiple engineers while maintaining schedule and budget of the product
- Experience with liaison activities to answer on-the-spot questions for manufacturing and production groups and coordinate engineering design updates
- Influential leader with good emotional intelligence and ability to coach and develop
- Interpersonal skills: Engaging communicator, strong collaboration, patience, and open minded
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.