Lead, Systems Engineering
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20210102-55945
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer
Job Code: IMS20210102-55945
Job Location: Greenville, TX
This Lead, Systems Engineering position leads a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on airborne ISR platforms.
- Understand physical architectures incorporating ISR or COMMS Systems capabilities across multiple security domains
- Support business development through support for Competitive Proposal efforts
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements
- Understand test, integration, verification, and validation planning
- Translate the voice of the customer into system level requirements
- Perform requirement traceability
- Develop and evaluate trade studies for accuracy and completeness
- Write subsystem specifications based on system level requirements
- Evaluate alternative solutions and establish preliminary system designs
- Review and evaluate diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience
- OR Master’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- Experience with most of the following:
- Systems Engineering
- Hands-on experience with testing, integrating, and verifying software and/or hardware
- Aircraft ISR or COMMS system integration and communications ground/flight test support
- Writing subsystem specifications based on system level requirements
- Conducting verification testing
- Developing, authoring, and implementing system test plans
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers
- Knowledge of requirement traceability methods and purpose
- Knowledge of the systems engineering trade study process
- Aerospace/aircraft experience
- Model-based Systems Engineering and Simulation experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.