Lead, Program Management
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead, Program Management
Job Location: Greenville, Texas
Job Code: IMS20202606-47110
- Function as the point-of-contract between the Program Office, Functional Management, the Customer, supplier relationships, and other stakeholders to coordinate efforts to ensure successful resolutions of program issues.
- Manage budgets. Provide comprehensive analysis of program requirements and manage impact to program EACs for all related actions.
- Manage the Group B development requirements for the program.
- Work collaboratively with Program Office and Functional Management, as well as other stakeholders, to define and assign task requirements; estimate and establish budget and schedules; determine appropriate performance metrics; clarify priorities; and develop and implement specific management plans to support the program.
- Interact with Engineering / Engineering design reviews, Planning, Procurement and Manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate drawings are released and program schedules are achieved.
- Develop / review proposals & Statements of Work (SOW’s and PWS’) to establish status metrics and reporting methods that assists with make / buy decisions, follows up on open purchase orders, verifies delivery, participates in resolving supplier issues, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycle(s).
- Utilize program management tools to monitor and report program performance to objectives (including budget, schedule, and other management requirements), and facilitate project coordination and decision-making.
- Assist in the development and delivery of presentations/recommendations to senior Program Managers and Company Management, as well as other stakeholders, relating to applicable program management plans.
- Lead/participate in Integrated Product Teams to assure successful program execution and drive non-value added costs out of the program.
- Understanding and interpret customer requirements in order to work in partnerships with customers to derive solutions.
- Manage assigned programs to meet schedules, performance, and budget commitments (contractual and expected).
- Support business unit forecasting by providing weekly/monthly sales and awards forecast to leadership and maintain insight into these forecast to provide supporting detail.
- Communicate program requirements and support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc.).
- Identifying issues impacting program performance and leading efforts to resolve them to closure.
- Effectively transitioning programs from the capture phase through kickoff, execution, and closure.
- Track, manage, and report program attributes including the following:
- Schedule performance against contract and forecast.
- Cost performance against budget and EAC.
- Labor allocation against program needs.
- Sales and profit performance against contract acceptance and forecast.
- Program risks & opportunities.
- Technical & production issues impacting program performance.
Ability to travel domestically to attend customer and vendor meetings required.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of nine (9) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- 5+ years in a similar technical PM or equivalent leadership capacity, strong project management skills, outstanding communication (both verbally and written), negotiation, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Recent experience in Commercial and Military Aviation/Aerospace products development and production is highly desired.
- Knowledge of manpower planning, milestone scheduling, PM tools, and related financial management.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Capable of managing and working in an environment that is fast paced, demanding, with a focus on problem resolution and process improvement.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project.
- Extensive experience with SAP and material processes strongly preferred.
- Proven team player with outstanding customer relationship skills.
Position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically.
Position requires an active DoD Secret Security Clearance, the ability to maintain the stated clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship. Position also requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance as well.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.