Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Mechanical Engineering - ODA Airworthiness Mechanical Systems & Equipment
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20232908-105371
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Mechanical Engineering – ODA Airworthiness Mechanical Systems & Equipment
Job Code: IMS20232908-105371
Job Location: Greenville, Texas, or Hybrid. Hybrid meaning responsibilities can be performed remotely two or three days per week depending upon the current demands of the program.
Job Schedule: 9/80 Work Schedule – (Every other Friday is a non-workday.)
L3Harris is seeking a person to become a Mechanical Systems Unit Member in the L3Harris ODA / Airworthiness Group. Mechanical Systems in aircraft include air conditioning / environmental control, oxygen, water, hydraulic, pressurization, pneumatics, ice protection and interior arrangements. Responsibilities include determination of compliance to FAA and Military Airworthiness standards and support of the organization for determination of airworthiness. The L3Harris ODA is authorized by the FAA to make findings of compliance to 14 CFR Part 23 and Part 25 regulations, and the employee will receive the appropriate training and experience to become an ODA Unit Member within the ODA over a period of time.
- Assist in creation of FAA Certification Plans and identification of applicable FAA regulations for project assignments.
- Review of engineering data submitted in support of FAA findings of compliance.
- Participate in a Certification Team environment, contributing to the overall certification activity for various Military Commercial Derivative Aircraft
- Review engineering data in support of Military Certification activities in accordance with defined airworthiness requirements such as those in MIL-HDBK-516C or other Customer-determine airworthiness standard.
- Support L3Harris Engineering in determination of suitable methods to achieve FAA and Military Certification
- Determine applicability of FAA Advisory Circulars and Policies to projects
- Assist Engineering with development of Special Conditions, Exemptions and Equivalent Level of Safety petitions to the FAA.
- Support Preliminary, Critical, and Final design reviews with a focus on meeting FAA and Military Certification requirements.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience. Degree Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is strongly desired. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Six years’ experience in a Mechanical Engineering capacity with an understanding of engineering principles and applications for one or more aircraft mechanical systems including environmental control systems, oxygen, ice protection, pressurization, and hydraulics.
- Ability to review, critique, and provide feedback for engineering technical reports involving analysis and test of aircraft mechanical systems.
- Experience in classical analysis methods techniques for thermal analysis, gaseous, and fluid flow.
- Must be able to work some overtime and travel approximately 10%.
- Must be able to support multiple FAA and/or airworthiness activities is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Previous experience as a company DER, consultant DER, or an ODA Engineering Unit Member in Mechanical Systems
- Experience with Military Commercial Derivative Aircraft (MCDA) certification methods and FAA Order 8110.101A
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.