JR Systems Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: JR Systems Engineer
Job Code: IMS20191028-112628
Job Location: Greenville,TX
Systems Engineering position is part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne communications platforms.
The JR System Engineer is expected to:
- Understand physical architectures incorporating voice, video, and data capability across multiple security domain.
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements.
- Perform requirement traceability methods and purpose
- Perform systems engineering trade study processes
- Understand test, integration, verification, and validation planning.
- Write effective verification test procedure ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements.
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Electronic Technology, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or closely related field and a minimum of two(2) years of related ISR mission system experience; or
- Associates degree in one of the following: Electronic Technology, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or closely related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of related ISR mission system experience
- Two (2) years of avionics system experience and three (3) years of related ISR mission system experience.
Preferred areas of ISR mission system expertise:
Line of Sight (LoS) and satellite tactical radio systems
Communications Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) methods and procedures
Computer architectures including computer bus standards
Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Networking (LAN) interface standards and protocols to include Cisco server hardware
Use of Government classified networks, email, and land lines
Administration techniques on classified and unclassified computer systems
Software configuration management, hard drive imaging and up-classing procedures
Handling of classified materials, CCI and government owned equipment
Electromagnetic inference testing
RF cable sweeping/troubleshooting techniques using spectrum analyzers
Airborne video transmission systems
Airborne GPS systems
Secure airborne satellite internet systems
Analog/digital ICS system
HD/SDI video systems
EO/IR sensor systems
Missile warning and counter measure systems
A+, Network+, and/or Security+
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.