Hardware/Software Systems Engineer
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Hardware/Software Systems Engineer
Job Code: IMS20201509-50663
Job Location: Greenville, TX
- Translate the voice of the customer into system level requirements
- Utilize systems engineering trade study process
- Evaluate trade studies for accuracy and completeness
- Evaluate solution alternatives and assist in establishing preliminary system design
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements
- Write effective verification test procedures ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements
- Conduct verification testing
- Provide depot support for delivered aircraft systems
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals
- Participate in a team of engineers across multiple subject matters of:
- RF distribution and switching
- Analog and digital audio and/or video distribution systems
- GPS data distribution
- Software operations and control systems
- IP networking across multiple security domain architecture
- Avionics Systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- OR Master’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to pass Class III Flight Physical to perform flying duties
- Hands-on experience with hardware/software integration
- Experience deriving system, subsystem, and software requirements from a variety of sources and data
- Experience reading and evaluating electrical wiring diagrams and vendor Interconnect Drawings (ICDs)
- Prior detailed experience with one or more of the following:
- Hardware design and integration
- Discrete and digital switching systems
- Computer integration / Networking / VoiP
- Software design/development
- Windows 10 Powershell
- Power shell scripts
- Ability to work with software languages and output formats such as:
- Working knowledge of programming basic applications for database, serial, TCP/IP component communications and user interface
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a STEM discipline
- Active TS/SCI
- Knowledge of DOORS
This position requires an ACTIVE Secret DoD Security Clearance and the ability maintain the Clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.