Engineer - Test 2
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Engineer - Test 2
Job Code: IMS20191014-112190
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Support Systems Engineering position as part of a team that supports the media duplication and control of software for specialized systems installed on ISR aircraft platforms and associated ground systems
- Interfacing with supervisor, customer, Project Engineering, and Program Management to determine Media Reproduction Laboratory (MRL) support requirements.
- Start up all MRL equipment and load all MRL software in an orderly fashion; shut down in the same manner to reconfigure the MRL or close down for the day.
- Monitor MRL schedules and ongoing test/integration activities and provide media reproduction support.
- Follow company/customer procedures to return and obtain replacements for defective equipment.
- Assist in planning periodic MRL upgrades to new wiring and equipment configurations.
- Work with management to develop and adhere to schedules and budgets required to accomplish assigned work.
- Provide regular status updates for ongoing work efforts to keep management and our customer informed.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of two (2) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Employee will be required to maintain or obtain CompTIA Security+ certification
- Familiarity with Secret / Top Secret media handling, marking, and control.This includes experience using the L3Harris ESentry software for equipment and media tracking.
- Familiarity using or administering Red Hat Linux systems is desired.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to create and maintain strong working relationships within the company and with customers. Technical writing ability required.
Travel/Flexible work schedule:
- Candidate must be willing and able to work a flexible job schedule to include off-shift or weekend work and occasional overtime.
Position requires an active DOD Top Secret Security SCI Clearance and the ability to maintain the stated clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.