Engineer - SR Sys Integration
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Engineer - SR Sys Integration
Job Code: IMS20190916-111027
Job Location: Greenville,TX
General Systems Engineering required experience:
- Translate the voice of the customer into system level requirements.
- Perform requirement traceability methods and purpose.
- Utilize systems engineering trade study process.
- Evaluate trade studies for accuracy and completeness.
- Generate subsystem specifications based on system level requirements.
- Evaluate physical solution alternatives and establish preliminary system design.
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements.
- Understand test, integration, verification, and validation planning.
- Write effective verification test procedures ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements.
- Conduct verification testing.
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals.
- Work under only general direction. Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Position requires an active DOD Security Clearance with the ability obtain a DOD Top Secret Clearance, and the ability to maintain the stated clearances, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Bachelor�s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline and a minimum of 7 years of directly related Systems Engineering experience. A degree is required. Advanced degrees are desired.
Must be able to pass a Class III flight physical to perform flying duties.
Climb aircraft stairs and ladders; some lifting required.
Specific Systems Engineering Required Experience:
- Experience designing, integrating, documenting, and testing the following systems:
- RF distribution and switching
- RF down-converting, up-converting, transceivers, non-blocking switching, and electrically phase matched distribution architectures.
- Antenna receive and transmit characteristics for various antenna types
- Expert knowledge and ability to perform RF propagation analysis through complex RF distribution and switching systems
- Evaluating expected receiver performance based on modulation scheme, antenna characteristics, distribution architecture, and receiver characteristics.
- Analog and digital audio distribution systems
- GPS data distribution
- SAASM GPS
- GPS Anti-jam
- Software operations and control systems
- P networking across multiple security domain architectures
- Expert networking including IP addressing, switching and routing, video teleconferencing, VoIP telephony, and WANs.
- Certification and Accreditation process and implementation of systems that achieved and Authorization to Operate on government networks.
- ISR Mission Systems
- EO/IR Sensors
- Self-Protect Systems
- Communications Systems (Voice and Data)(LOS and BLOS
- Mission Management Systems (Computers with specialized software)
- Local Area Networks
- Mission System Software
- Video and Video Streaming (Analog and Digital)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.