Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20223006-85929
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Greenville, TX location.
Oversee the design and development of mission electrical systems for the integration of electronic equipment on military/commercial aircraft. The design includes creating system wiring diagrams using the Capital Harness System tool as well as circuit breaker panels, control panels and other items using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools. Engineer will be responsible for research, systems integration, preparation of engineering drawings, and coordination of design activities with Systems Engineering, Manufacturing, and Production to ensure that designs meet requirements at minimum cost. Engineer will also be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of 15 -20 design engineers for the duration of an assigned project. Designs can include development of RF, signal, and power distribution, lighting systems, electrical loads analysis, along with the opportunity to support testing and integration of systems on the aircraft. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
- Requires Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with six (6) years aircraft design related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees
- Oversee Electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, Harness assembly drawing, Circuit Breakers, and Electrical Loads Analysis. Coordinate Aircraft electrical mission equipment installations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Be able to walk to and from the flight line, work in aircraft hangar environment and board/exit aircraft is required.
- Willing to travel or relocate, if necessary
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering with four (4) years aircraft design related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- CAD skills are highly desired
- Understanding of basic aircraft systems
- Systems integration experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.