Electrical Engineer (FPGA) 5
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Electrical Engineer (FPGA) 5
Job Code: IMS20190926-111601
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Electrical Engineering position with emphasis in VHDL/SystemVerilog development for FGPAs and Digital Signal Processing.The scope of the position requires a range of responsibilities spanning the following areas: requirements definition, conceptual trade studies, design and analysis, procurement, as well as integration and testing of FPGA designs. Electrical Engineers are responsible for participating in engineering analysis/evaluation efforts related to complex digital hardware systems, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification and validation procedures, and developing plans to manufacture and test sensor systems and major sub-assemblies.
- Requires knowledge of digital communication theory, experience in embedded processing, and experience in FPGA development utilizing VHDL and/or SystemVerilog.
- Candidate should also be knowledgeable about Matlab and embedded software.
- Candidate will work as part of a product development team in one or more of the following areas: algorithm modeling and simulation, coding using VHDL and/or SystemVerilog, Digital Signal Processing, FPGA development for Xilinx or Intel devices. Duties may include: design, simulation, implementation, and testing of hardware products; design/test documentation (specifications, design documents, test plan/procedures, etc.).
- Application areas include Digital Signal Processing, Audio/Data Distribution, and Communications for airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance systems.
- Participating in Xilinx or Intel Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) development in a team environment.
- Performing engineering analysis and evaluation efforts of complex digital electronic systems in the area of digital communications and/or digital signal processing
- Documenting design approaches, following design verification and validation procedures, and developing plans to manufacture and test digital hardware units and subassemblies
Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with a minimum of nine (9) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Electronic hardware application development is required
- Experience utilizing Xilinx or Intel FPGA development tools suites is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with engineering team and management.
- 5+ years of experience in FPGA design & development, analysis, integration, reliability, and risk mitigation for digital communication or digital signal processing products is desired
- Experience in digital signal processing (DSP) is highly desired
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Questasim/Modelsim simulation tool is desired
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado tool suit is highly desired
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado HLS tool is desired
- Experience generating cost & schedule plans and estimates is desired
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.