Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Electrical Design Engineer 1 - Summer '24 (New Grad-Greenville, TX)
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20232808-105262
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer - Summer '24 (New Grad - Greenville, TX)
Job Location: Greenville, TX
L3Harris is seeking qualified individuals to join our Aeronautical Systems Engineering team as a Electrical Engineer. In this role, you will learn to design and develop electrical systems for the integration of electrical/electronic equipment on military/commercial aircraft and ground stations. Electrical Engineers have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of tasks and aircraft systems on numerous aircraft platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create system wiring diagrams, circuit breaker panels, control panels and other items using CAD (Computer Aided Design) tools
- Research and preparation of engineering drawings, and coordination of design activities with Systems Engineering, Manufacturing, and Production to ensure that designs meet requirements at minimum cost
- Designs can include development of Avionics Systems, RF, LAN, Data Processing, Power Distribution Systems, Electrical Loads analysis, Load shedding scheme to name a few, along with the opportunity to support testing and integration of systems on the aircraft
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science degree or related technical degree at an accredited university, with a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to travel to and from flight line and work in aircraft hangar environments (some positions will require the ability to board/exit aircraft)
- Willingness to travel
- Co-Op/Intern or previous entry-level experience in electrical engineering
- Skills/Knowledge of with CAD and PLM software, including NX and Teamcenter
- Knowledge of Siemens Capital software
- Understanding of basic aircraft systems
- Systems integration experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.