Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
DoD Skillbridge Internship: RC-135 Systems Engineer, Mission Management
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20221706-84479
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spec, Systems Engineering
Job Location: Greenville, Tx
L3Harris’ DoD SkillBridge/Career Skills Program is connecting transitioning service members to career training opportunities within our organization. We will provide service members with valuable civilian work experience through industry specific training, certifications and on the job experience during their DoD Skillbridge/Career Skills Program to help them ready themselves for their next mission.
L3Harris aims to attract and retain veteran talent and to help bridge the gap between their military service and civilian careers within our organization. L3Harris is eager to share to our knowledge and experience with our service members.
Job Description: THIS IS A DOD SKILLBRIDGE OPPORTUNITY OPEN TO US MILITARY ACTIVE-DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS
The Specialist Systems Engineer (SE) works to achieve operational targets with moderate impact on departmental results. Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. The Specialist SE is part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne communication platforms.
- Understand Mission Management, Roles/Responsibilities, Various Missions and Employment of RC-135 aircraft.
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements.
- Understand test, integration, verification, and validation planning.
- Write effective verification test procedures ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements.
- Translate the voice of the customer into system level requirements.
- Perform requirement traceability.
- Write subsystem specifications based on system level requirements.
- Evaluate alternative solutions and establish preliminary system designs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four (4) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Must possess the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Skills (beyond required):
- Experience working with RC-135 Datalinks and Communications; prior experience as a DataLink Operator (DLO), Airborne Analyst (AA) or Airborne Mission Supervisor (AMS) a plus.
- Experience with building and analyzing Data Link (eg. Link16, CMF, etc.) messages.
- RF distribution systems including RF down-converting, up-converting, transceivers, non-blocking switching, and electrically phase matched distribution architectures.
- Familiarity with commercial and military broadband communication systems
- Familiarity with common Tactical Datalink radios/terminals.
- Familiar with Tactical Data Processors (TDP) that process CMF and other datalink formats.
- Able to read, interpret, create, and maintain spreadsheets, charts, reports, investigation and test plans, and procedures
- Familiarity with signal generators, spectrum analyzers and other advanced test equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.