Assoc, Structural Engrg (New Grad - Greenville, TX)
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20211902-56896
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (New Grad – Greenville, TX)
Job Code: IMS20211902-56896
Job Location: Greenville, TX
- Provide mechanical engineering support for both new product development activities as well as factory support of existing products
- Translate product requirements into a mechanical specification and test plan to be used for development
- Execute verification testing as defined by the mechanical specification and test plan
- Conduct design analysis and testing, both structural and thermal, to prove design will meet customer requirements
- Responsible for understanding customer needs, generating test procedures and finally executing the test
- Generate and/or process engineering change orders (ECO’s) as required
- Work directly with mechanical designers on CAD models and part documentation
- Structural analysis of aircraft modifications, including design support, and preparation of technical documentation necessary to ensure airworthiness
- Determination of stress levels in primary and secondary aircraft structure, systems, and equipment resulting from applied and induced loads, as well as the comparison of these stresses with material properties to predict failure and structural instabilities given due consideration to applicable failure theories
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science Engineering or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- CAD or analysis (FEA) tools exposure, and/or experience in mechanical design or analysis of electronic systems, structures and mechanisms
- Familiarity with transducer instrumentation, data collection and or automation and software programming for numerical analysis
- Must be able to apply the principles of Structural Mechanics to predict internal stresses and structural instabilities
- Must be able to generate free body diagrams, determine reaction forces, calculate internal loads, and develop shear and moment diagrams
- Working knowledge of one programming language
- Familiarity with finite element methods and fatigue and damage tolerance principles
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.