Assoc, Security Operations
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20212303-58515
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assoc, Security Operations
Job Code: IMS20201610-58515
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Develops, and administers security programs and procedures for classified and proprietary materials, documents, and equipment. Studies and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations. Obtains rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies. Prepares manuals outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors access to restricted areas and materials. Conducts security briefings and security audits. Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Will provide security administration based on existing L3Harris security guidance and DoDM 5205.07.
- Will interact with Program Managers, Government Customers and peers primarily for the purpose of presenting security guidance. Assist new vendors with contractual agreements (DD254s), security guidance and incoming visits.
- Be responsible for attending bid briefs.
- Conduct annual self-inspections and assist with the semi-annual government inspections.
- Conduct quarterly safe inspections and maintain 100% accountability of classified inventory.
- Assist with the program’s alarm and GSA container accesses and forms.
- Follows established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained through the DoDM 5205.07. Has a strong understanding of DoDM 5205.07 industrial security regulations.
- Receives work assignments of PII and SCI information that are subject to considerable level of control and review.
- Assist with OCONUS travel briefs, debriefs and travel forms.
- Make security decisions that have a direct impact on work operations.
- In charge of program indoctrination and annual refresher, briefings and debriefs.
- Administer, build, maintain and audit personnel files.
- Ensure construction and facility updates are completed in accordance with ICD 705.
- Administer the SAPNP process and generate PAR’s.
- Establish and oversee specialized procedures for the transmission of specialized material to and from program elements.
- Prepare and update Standard Office Procedures (SOP) for the program.
- Be responsible for compiling a program security weekly report.
- Maintain and manage accredited assets as they arrive and depart facility
Bachelor’s Degree with zero years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Have strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal relations, and analytical skills.
- Be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently and have the ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive and risk-managed security recommendations.
- Be familiar with most Microsoft Office applications.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision in a high-stress, fast-paced, multi-program environment.
- Be comfortable in a team atmosphere yet work independently to ensure compliance with L-3 Mission Integration Division, customer and government requirements.
- The selected candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision, be detail oriented and able to work with various levels of personnel.
- The selected candidate will also provide back up support to other administrative roles within the organization.
- The selected candidate will conduct DoD personnel clearance processing utilizing US Government databases to include JPAS, DISS, NISS and e-QIP, conduct security briefings, and maintain personnel records.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain, at a minimum, a TOP SECRET security clearance, and will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.