Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Aircraft Mechanic, Aviation Electrician- *** Up to $10,000 Signing Bonus***
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20231109-105904
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic, Aviation Electrician
Job Number: IMS20231109-105904
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Schedule: Must be available to work any shift
$2,500 Hire Bonus
$2,500 Security Clearance Bonus
$2,500 Airframe License Bonus
$2,500 Powerplant License Bonus
Requires sufficient working knowledge and understanding in the repair and maintenance of airframes, hydraulics, fuel systems, electrical systems, or aircraft engines.
- Possess a working knowledge of military, commercial, or general aviation aircraft.
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good judgment are essential traits.
Mechanics may be cross trained to develop expertise in specific disciplines, including: Aircraft Electrical; Aircraft Fuel Systems; Aircraft Hydraulic/Pneumatic Systems; Powerplant Maintenance; Fuel Cell Maintenance; Structural Repair/Modification; Upholstery/Interior Finish.
Mechanics work under general oversight and guidance in disassembly, assembling, checking, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting, installing, servicing, fabricating and other operations required to maintain the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or modification.
May include, but are not limited to:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Perform flightline operations, hangar maintenance, modification or repairs on a variety of aircraft.
- Perform general inspections, corrosion control procedures, troubleshooting and fault isolation procedures on aircraft systems.
- Perform various testing of Aircraft Systems as required such as: pitot-static, oxygen, fuel quantity under supervision and with proper certification.
- Fabricate and obtain parts, within approved procedures.
- Operate and utilize necessary ground support equipment, including, but not limited to, auxiliary power carts, portable lighting, air conditioning or other ventilation equipment as needed.
- Enter and retrieve production and other job-related data or information using computer systems or other electronic data collecting equipment.
- Remove, install and rig externally mounted components utilizing boom and scissor type lifts and/or other support equipment.
- Perform other incidental work as assigned that may be performed safely using tools that are commonly available including assembly of minor scaffolding in production areas.
- Responsible for clean work areas, tools, and equipment in order to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Required to work in small spaces inside aircraft, on top aircraft with harness, climb and stand on ladder/mobile stands to work over head, in close proximity with other individuals.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Employees in this classification may work with and use all tools, materials, machines, instruments, and equipment necessary to perform their duties.
- Management may determine that specific training or certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools, equipment, or assignments.
- Does not require you to have your own tools. L3Harris will provide the tools.
- At least one year Aviation Electrician experience with an FAA Airframe certificate or A&P Certificate
- Experience routing/installing, terminating and repairing aircraft electrical wiring, including cutting, stripping wire and terminating various types of electrical connections.
- Able to meet the physical demands of this position to include by not limited to: lifting 50+ pounds, prolong standing, repetitive movements, using hand tools, climbing ladders, working in confined spaces, and no fear of heights.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- This position requires the ability to work any shift and overtime as needed.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher clearance
- Troubleshooting electrical components, running tests on equipment to locate issues and installing needed replacement parts.
- Basic knowledge of reading schematics for electrical prints/drawings preferably aircraft.
- Ability to work with computers.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.