807H07 Aircraft Mechanic C
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20212602-57250
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic C
Job Code: IMS20212602-57250
Job Location: Greenville, TX
1. This occupation requires a working knowledge and/or understanding in the repair and maintenance of airframes, hydraulics, fuel systems, electrical systems, and aircraft engines.
- Must possess a working knowledge of military, commercial, or general aviation aircraft.
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good judgment are essential traits.
2. Mechanics at all levels are expected to perform work at increasing levels of skill and complexity as they gain experience.
3. Mechanics with sufficient training, skill, and experience may develop expertise in specific disciplines. Some of these specific disciplines are: Aircraft Electrical; Aircraft Fuel Systems; Aircraft Hydraulic/Pneumatic Systems; Powerplant Maintenance; Fuel Cell Maintenance; Heavy Structural Repair/Modification; Upholstery/Interior Finish.
4. For years 0 to 2, Mechanics will work under general oversight and guidance in such operations as disassembly, assembling, checking, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting, installing, servicing, fabricating and other operations required to maintain the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or modification.
Responsible for, but not limited to:
1. Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
2. Performing structural modifications.
3. Performing flightline, hangar maintenance and repairs on a variety of assigned aircraft.
4. Performing upholstery interior trim repairs and/or modifications.
5. Performing general inspections, corrosion control procedures, trouble-shooting and fault isolation procedures on aircraft systems.
6. Performing aircraft servicing, as required.
7. Fabricating and obtaining parts, with approved procedures. Operating and utilizing all necessary ground support equipment, including, but not limited to, auxiliary power carts, portable lighting, air conditioning or other ventilation equipment.
8. Enter and retrieve production and other job-related data or information using computer systems or other electronic data collecting equipment.
9. Removes, installs and rigs externally mounted components utilizing boom and scissor type lifts and/or other support equipment.
10. Using forklift trucks, overhead crane systems, small tugs, etc. to move support equipment, and aircraft parts, and components, but not to other hangar bays or to other areas across the field outside immediate work areas.
11. Performing other work as assigned that is incidental to primary job duties or other assigned work that may be performed safely using tools that are commonly available.
12. Clean-up of work areas, tools, and equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
1. Employees in this classification may work with and use all tools, materials, machines, instruments, and equipment necessary to perform their duties.
2. Management may determine that specific training or certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools, equipment, or assignments.
1. Requires a minimum of two (2) years of hands-on experience working as an aircraft mechanic, performing various tasks (either as an aircraft electrician, aircraft sheet metal worker, or aircraft systems mechanic). (2 years credit for FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant License).
- Must be able to become Product Quality Verification (PQV) Level I certified within 180 calendar days.
- Requires the ability to read and write in English. A detailed analysis of essential job function physical and environmental factors is on file in the Human Resources Department and the First Aid Center.
Must currently possess and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level, which requires U.S. citizenship
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.