806H20 Production Support B
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20211003-57849
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Production Support B
Job Code: IMS20211003-57849
Job Location:Greenville, Tx
- This occupation is responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, disbursing, maintaining, crating, operating, loading and unloading, packing and unpacking, and transporting tools, supplies, component parts, blueprints, finished goods and other equipment and material necessary to facilitate and support production and non-production operations in accordance with oral, written, computer terminal instructions and experience in the warehousing, tool and parts crib environments.
- Production support employees at each level are expected to perform work at increasing levels of skill and complexity as they gain experience.
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good judgment are essential traits.
Responsible for, but not limited to:
- Receives, stores, maintains inventories, transports, disburses, crates, packs and unpacks, loads and unload, production and non-production material, tools, supplies, component parts, finished goods and related documents in accordance with oral, written and computer terminal instructions and experience.
- Maintains records, makes reports and completes related paperwork as required.
- Stores, handles, hazardous waste chemicals, such as acids, caustics, flammables, poisons and oxidizers in accordance with Federal, State, and Local Environmental Protection Laws.
- May require certification to pack and ship hazardous materials in accordance with DOT, 49CFR and IATA regulation
- May operate trucks on public streets or highways ranging in capacity up to semi-trailers of ten (10) tons or more.
- Employee may input and retrieve data from computer systems and buy off their own work in order to complete their assigned tasks.
- May be required to learn and utilize business software applications to support operational functions.
- May be called upon to interface with other departments to assist in resolving material problems; Trains others.
- Clean-up of work areas, tools, and equipment.
- May be required to perform the duties of the Production Support “A” classification as necessary to gain skills through on the job training.
- Tows and positions aircraft.
- Fuels and defuels aircraft and trucks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Works with and uses all tools, materials, machines, instruments, vehicles/forklifts and equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Normally requires one (1) year of experience in material warehousing, aircraft material and supply handling, or directly related experiencelicense to qualify as a motor fleet driver.
- May be required to maintain a DOT physical examination certification.
- Requires the ability to read and write in English.
- Must be able to perform up to and within the prescribed physical and environmental factors of the essential job functions of the classification to enter and maintain employment in this classification. A detailed analysis of essential job function physical and environmental factors is on file in the Human Resource Department and the First Aid Center.
Position requires an active DOD Security Clearance at the Secret level and must maintain that clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.