806H01 Assembler-EE B
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20210604-59203
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assembler-Electrical-Electronics B
Job Code: IMS20210604-59203
Job Location: Greenville, TX
- This occupation requires the fabrication and assembly of electrical and electronic parts, materials, hardware, wiring harnesses, components and sub-assemblies into completed assemblies in the manufacture and modification of electrical, electronic electro-mechanical equipment, consoles, racks, etc. Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good judgment are essential traits.
- AEEs at all levels are expected to perform work at increasing levels of skill and complexity as they gain experience.
Responsible for, but not limited to:
- Enter and retrieve data into and from various computer systems.
- Ability to interpret electrical-electronic terminology, symbols, codes, etc. while working from various work instructions, drawings, and standard assembly procedures, etc.
- Perform all basic tasks required in the electrical and electronic occupations such as soldering, lugging, string tying, and operation of wire, circo, wave solder equipment, etc.
- Fabricate and assemble all types of electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical equipment, parts, materials, hardware, wire, wire bundles, printed wiring board assemblies, etc. and their associated equipment into subassemblies and complete assemblies.
- Determine wire routing and assembly sequence on racks, consoles, panels, boxes, etc. that are similar in construction and design to previously fabricated units.
- Work first articles racks, consoles, panels, boxes, etc. where wire routing will not be predetermined.
- Route and fabricate single or multi-wire harnesses for formboards per drawing and work instructions.
- Performs troubleshooting, test checks (continuity, bonding, etc.) reworks and modification changes requiring the same level of skills as defined in the classification.
- Performs other work as assigned that is incremental to primary job duties or other assigned work that may be performed safely using commonly available tools.
- Accountable for tools, equipment and clean work area.
- Obtain and maintain certifications essential to accomplish required work.
- Employees assigned a Product quality Verification (PQV) Level II stamp must inspect and accept their own work and other non-certified and certified employees’ work, stating the product meets all specifications. Level I employees must inspect and accept their own work
- Assist higher rated employees with job duties/performance.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Employees in this classification may work with all tools, machines, materials, equipment and instruments required to perform job duties.
- Management may determine that specific training or certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools, equipment, or assignments.
- Normally requires two (2) years in various types of electrical-electronic fabrication and assembly.
- Must have good visual and color perception and good manual dexterity.
- Requires Product Quality Verification (PQV) Level II certification or must be able to become PQV Level II certified within 180 days.
- Requires the ability to read and write in English. A detailed analysis of essential job function physical and environmental factors is on file in the Human Resources Department and the First Aid Center.
- Ability to utilize computer.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.