Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
804H17 Aircraft Mechanic B
Greenville, TexasJob ID IMS20222706-85217
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic B
Job Code: IMS20222706-85217
Job Location: Greenville, TX
1. This occupation requires a working knowledge and/or understanding in the repair and maintenance of airframes, hydraulics, fuel systems, electrical systems, and aircraft engines.
- Must possess a working knowledge of military, commercial, or general aviation aircraft.
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good judgment are essential traits.
- Mechanics at all levels are expected to perform work at increasing levels of skill and complexity as they gain experience.
- Mechanics with sufficient training, skill, and experience may develop expertise in specific disciplines. Some of these specific disciplines are: Aircraft Electrical; Aircraft Fuel Systems; Aircraft Hydraulic/Pneumatic Systems; Powerplant Maintenance; Fuel Cell Maintenance; Heavy Structural Repair/Modification; Upholstery/Interior Finish.
Responsible for, but not limited to:
1. Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
2. Signing flight releases as required.
3. Performing major and minor structural modifications such as laying out and assembling first article floor mounted type console and rack assemblies with or without the aid of templates, jigs, fixtures, etc.
4. Performing flightline, hangar maintenance and repairs on a variety of assigned aircraft.
5. Performing upholstery interior trim repairs and/or modifications.
6. Performing inspections, corrosion control procedures, troubleshooting and fault isolation procedures on aircraft systems.
7. Performing engine run tests under supervision and with proper certification.
8. Performing aircraft servicing, as required.
9. Fabricating and obtaining parts, within approved procedures.
10. Operating and utilizing all necessary ground support equipment, including, but not limited to, auxiliary power carts, portable lighting, air conditioning or other ventilation equipment.
11. Trains others.
12. Enter and retrieve production and other job-related data or information using computer systems or other electronic data collecting equipment.
13. When assigned a Product Quality Verification (PQV) Level II certification, buy off (work performed meets specifications) their own work and verify the accuracy of work performed by non-certified employees, within their occupation.
14. Removes, installs and rigs externally mounted components utilizing boom and scissor type lifts and/or other support equipment.
15. Using forklift trucks, overhead crane systems, small tugs, etc. to move support equipment, and aircraft parts, and components, but not to other hangar bays or to other areas across the field outside immediate work areas.
16. Performing other work as assigned that is incidental to primary job duties or other assigned work that may be performed safely using tools that are commonly available.
17. Clean-up of work areas, tools, and equipment; performs other duties as assigned.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
1. Employees in this classification may work with and use all tools, materials, machines, instruments and equipment necessary to perform their duties.
2. Management may determine that specific training or certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools, equipment, or assignments.
1. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years of hands-on experience working as an aircraft mechanic, performing various tasks (either as an aircraft electrician, aircraft sheet metal worker, or aircraft systems mechanic). (2 years credit for FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant License).
2. Requires Product Quality Verification (PQV) Level II certification or must be able to become (PQV) Level II certified within 180 calendar days.
3. Requires the ability to read and write in English. An analysis of essential job function physical and environmental factors is on file in the Human Resources Department and the First Aid Center.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.