Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Trade and Anti-Corruption Compliance Senior Specialist
Grand Rapids, Michigan;Job ID IMS20221307-86757
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Trade and Anti-Corruption Compliance Senior Specialist
Job Code: IMS20221307-86757
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI or Remote
Job Description: L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs.
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a Trade and Anti-Corruption Compliance Senior Specialist.The successful candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge of trade compliance, experience in due diligence investigations and proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Prepares export licenses in accordance with corporate and federal regulations to support International business initiatives
- Assist the Empowered Official (EO) with processing employee international travel requests.
- Work with internal and external service providers, freight forwarders and customs brokers to ensure smooth transfer of international shipments of goods
- Ensure that all requirements are met prior to the use of a license Exception under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), to include recordkeeping and reporting, and with the approval of the Empowered Official.
- Processing of imports of goods into United States ensuring proper documentation is prepared, including issuance of shipper's letter of instruction, and export record retention, which may require working with foreign customers or brokers.
- Ensure restricted party screening is conducted on all export transactions, to include customers, freight forwarders, suppliers, et al. Identify and work with EO and or Anti-Corruption Officer, when applicable, to resolve any red flags regarding proposed export activities.
- Interprets governmental correspondence and provides guidance to stakeholders.
- Analyzes business initiatives per regulatory requirements and advises divisional management on compliant execution of activities.
- Conducts training sessions for employees and assists EO and Anti-Corruption Officer, as required, in developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- As requested by EO, develops and conducts audits of internal controls and procedures by examining artifacts to ensure compliant transactions.
- Supports external audits and inquiries from US governmental control agencies such as Customs, DoS and DoC through data gathering and corrective action execution.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure the verification of the jurisdiction of commodities, software, and technology in accordance with L3H policy and USG regulations.
- Understand and remain current with the provisions and requirements of L3Harris policies and procedures, U.S. Government Export/Import Laws and Regulations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other applicable Anti-Bribery laws. Work cooperatively and proactively across functional areas to ensure compliance with all U.S. export laws, FCPA, rules and regulations. Understand the criminal liability, civil liability, and administrative penalties for violating U.S. or Foreign Government Export/Import and Anti-Bribery Laws and Regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Incoterms and Global Logistic
- Knowledge of the following:
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR)
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
US Customs regulations and other participating government agencies (i.e. FDA, FCC, ATF)
- Demonstrated attention to detail, with the ability to learn and comprehend detailed laws and regulations.
- Prior experience in due diligence investigations for a compliance function
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.