Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Inventory Management Support A
Grand Rapids, MichiganJob ID IMS20220711-93048
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Inventory Management Support A
Job Code: IMS20220711-93048
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Responsible for the continuous supply of parts and materials to all production, assembly, and repair section of the Grand Rapids plant.
- Responsible for “kitting” materials on the production line to ensure all parts of order required are at the point of origination to keep the line moving at a steady pace.
- Ensures correct parts are kept in the appropriate quantities to support production and assembly requirements.
- Process, pick, and issue point of use and Kanban materials to all production areas.
- Expediting and moving production parts; picking parts for point of use and Kanban; deal with and address shortages and urgent issues affecting production.
- Unpackage all materials moving to the production floor inside the stockroom ensuring that cardboard, packing materials, and other debris remains off the plant floor.
- Maintain inventory accuracy within the floor locations and stockroom while working with other stockroom employees to address inventory variations and adjustments.
- Maintain and update point of use, Kanban, and BIN locations within SAP.
- Participate in cycle counts and physical inventory as required.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment; function with minimal direction and take ownership of the responsibility to support all production lines.
- The ability to lift and move items (up to 45 lbs.) utilizing proper lifting techniques and material handling aids (e.g., pallet jacks, height adjustable carts, etc.).
- Knowledge of safe material handling practices and ability to maintain compliance with Harris specific Environment Health and Safety policy/procedure in regard to material handling.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current/previous floater or water spider experience in a Lean environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with MRP and Agile software tools (SAP Experience a Plus)
- Organizational skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.