Supplier Quality Engineer
Grand Rapids, MichiganJob ID AS20212501-55551
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Code: AS20212501-55551
Job location: Grand Rapids, MI
Aviation Products, is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L3Harris Aviation Products manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that set the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors.
As the Supplier Quality Engineer you will serve as a focal point for both internal and external supplier quality activities. The role of the Supplier Quality Engineer is to ensure suppliers deliver quality product on an on-going basis, while developing supplier capability for future needs. You will be responsible for investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Maintain and update the critical supplier audit system and schedule
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non ‐ conformances
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
- Develop long term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of:
- Consistently meeting requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process
- Capability and throughput analysis, 6 ‐ Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events
- Develop and maintain incoming inspection criteria.
- Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at
- Suppliers to help them reduce variability and achieve process control
- Train Suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA)
- Initiate and follow-up Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR) to ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Responsible for driving the Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) process for all Suppliers.
- Perform periodic audits of Supplier Quality Systems for the purpose of assuring continued
- Supplier conformance to the quality system requirements.
- Participate as a member of the Material Review Board to review and disposition Supplier related
- Nonconformance Material Reports as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (prefer major in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) and minimum 6years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years.
- 4 years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing flow, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, Lean and Six Sigma and root cause problem solving.
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% including international travel
- Must have working knowledge of AS9100
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP systems is required
- Must have expertise in manufacturing concepts and be able to prioritize multiple projects
- Must be self-motivated with good written and verbal communications skills, excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to work cross functionally
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.