Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Electrical Systems Engineering (Advanced Development)
Grand Rapids, Michigan; St. Petersburg, Florida; Phoenix, ArizonaJob ID IMS20221411-93430
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Electrical Systems Engineering (Advanced Development)
Job Number: IMS20221411-93430
Job Location: Phoenix AZ or St Petersburg FL or Grand Rapids MI
As an Advanced Development Electrical Systems Engineer, you are focused on enhancing the technical capabilities of Commercial Aviation Solutions through rapid ideation, prototyping, flight testing, and gathering Voice of the Customer inputs to transition these concepts to production. The applicant will interact with business development and all engineering functions, with specific focus on electrical and systems engineering. Rather than a specific focus, the ideal candidate will be a technology generalist with understanding across a broad number of fields, and ability to quickly learn and make connections between engineering fields. You will be involved with multidisciplinary project teams involving mechanical, digital, RF, and software engineering in planning, designing, prototyping, and testing of avionics Flight Displays, Transponders, Data Recorders, Air Data Systems, RF and Sensor-based systems, along with complementary Data Analysis capabilities.
- Work as a technology generalist with large amounts of design freedom to identify the most effective and timely solution, with main focus in electrical/systems realm.
- Work effectively designing individual circuits, aircraft system architectures, and everything in between.
- Learn and apply new techniques and skills on every project, including outside one’s main engineering discipline.
- Develop effective responses to customer needs, whether internal or external, that rapidly provide proof of concept rather than fully productized solution.
- Interpret customer needs on individual programs to drive the design through systems engineering processes including developing concepts of employment, use cases, functional block diagrams, supporting hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, and specifying interfaces.
- Devise plans to mature technologies through the TRL process to reduce technical risk in development programs.
- Effectively communicate across multiple technical teams in a fast-paced, prototype development environment.
- Communicate directly with customers, in person or virtually, to understand their problems and formulate actionable solutions.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science and a minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience in an engineering discipline with systems engineering principles, including requirements definition, requirements verification, design reviews and documentation, integration, test and demonstration.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Must have experience with electrical (digital) hardware design.
- Must have experience in customer-facing roles (internal or external).
- Hands on experience designing and developing avionics products, RF, or sensor systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with and an understanding of aerospace systems, especially in the development of integrated hardware/software products
- Experience with prototyping tools such as User Interface development, 3D printing, or other concept generation
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Experience with design to cost
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Pilot License or Part 107 certificate
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.