Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Machined Components & Complex Assemblies
Grand Rapids, MichiganJob ID IMS20221801-75422
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Machined Components & Complex Assemblies
Job ID: IMS20221801-75422
Job location: Grand Rapids, MI, Phoenix, AZ or St. Petersburg, FL
Aviation Products, is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L3Harris Aviation Products manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that set the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors.
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results. Work is performed with general oversight. May manage large projects or processes that are both inside and outside of immediate job area. Typically responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees. Typically responsible for managing complex projects at this level, involving delegation of work and review of work products.
- Procure complex assemblies and machined components, in support of various programs, product lines, and customers.
- Execute lifecycle of the procurement process from requisition through purchase order completion with key manufacturers – sourcing, negotiation, award, oversight, and management of strategic partners
- Communicate status, plan-of-action, recovery plans with program, planning, and operations teams
- Develop and enact strategies for OTD execution, material cost reduction, lead time improvements, supplier rationalization, and working capital utilization
- Ability to lead projects from identification to implementation and execution with minimal oversight
- Leads the implementation of procurement process improvements, including supplier management, as improvements are identified.
- Solves any procurement discrepancies, working with Accounting, suppliers and other internal departments.
- Collaborate with Quality and Engineering to perform vendor source inspections in the development of new vendors and in support of vendor corrective actions
- Completes purchase order entry, change orders, amendments, and other related documentation.
- Negotiate priorities with suppliers, with the ability to change contract dates on purchase orders to meet program need dates
- Interface directly with supply base to track and manage quality and delivery performance directly impacting Supplier Performance Metrics.
- Prevent production material shortages by identifying and expediting necessary shortages.
- Lead meetings & conference calls with internal and external teams to manage more complex supplier quality/delivery issues
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to direct and manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
- Understanding of electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical subassembly and the associated supply chain
- Experience with executive interaction and briefing; project ownership driven by KPIs
- Fluency and transactional ability within ERP systems
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications, specifications, prints & drawings.
- Experience in contract manufacturing, circuit card procurement, and outsourcing
- Professional business certification (CPM, APICS, etc..)
- Other functional experience – planning, sales administration, quality, etc.
- Commercial and Government procurement experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.