Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Grand Rapids, MichiganJob ID IMS20220206-83371
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Number: IMS20220206-83371
Job Location:Grand Rapids, MI
As a Quality Engineer you will contribute to the success of the team, extended program team and the business. In this role you will engage in data-driven improvement and sustainment initiatives. Additionally, you will design, write, implement, evaluate, and revise quality assurance procedures, statistical sampling techniques, quality plans, inspection and testing techniques and specifications. The Quality Engineer will also work both independently and along team members to provide thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of electrical, electro-optical, mechanical and technical problems. Successful candidates will have experience utilizing Lean Green Belt techniques and various other quality engineering tools.
- Implement, interpret, and utilize metrics toward process improvement activities.
- Generate and deploy Quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to act as indicators of quality of items produced and health of the process. Analyze metrics and indicators to determine opportunities for improvement. Early detection and resolution of nonconformance is a key requirement in this role.
- Interpret and flow down customer quality requirements to programs, engineering, manufacturing, and inspection
- Perform quality engineering functions for specific phases of projects and programs to develop plans, flow charts, inspection methods, procedures and standards, including FAI, detailed instructions, check lists, sampling plans, classification of defects, etc.; to assure all products, data or services meet specified quality requirements
- Review Engineering and Manufacturing information on new and revised designs, specifications and bills of materials; production, tool and test equipment drawings; production and tool plans; operations and routing sheets: production, storage and shipping methods, and to assure that products meet customers' requirements.
- Provide thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems utilizing electrical, mechanical, and optical engineering abilities.
- Lead teams and perform investigations to drive CAPA for nonconformance, as well as actively participate in material review. Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert (SME) on program and design teams.
- Effectively interface and collaborate with Supplier Quality Engineering in customer flow-down and to solve vendor quality problems.
- Apply effective interpretation and application of Quality Standards, such as AS9100, ISO-9001, J-Stds, etc.
- Provides explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
- Provides analysis and recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product
- Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
- Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline or in lieu of degree, 15 years of aerospace/defense quality experience may be considered.
- 4 years of experience as a Quality Engineer or Supplier Quality Engineer in an ISO 9000 and/or AS9100 manufacturing environment, preferably in aerospace and/or defense
Preferred Additional Skills:
- APQP/PPAP Experience
- AS9102 and/or AS9145 knowledge is preferred
- Familiar with DO-178 and/or AS9115
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
- ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Certification is preferred
- Qualified in SPC, FMEA, DFM, RCCA and lean manufacturing is preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple and changing priorities.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.