Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Proposal Management Specialist
Grand Rapids, Michigan; St. Petersburg, Florida; Phoenix, ArizonaJob ID AS20210607-64148
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Proposal Management Specialist
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, Phoenix, AZ, or Grand Rapids, MI
Job Code: AS20210607-64148
The Proposal ManagementSpecialist is responsible for the development of winning proposals for L3 Aviation Products.
Duties include facilitating the proposal process, reading the customer solicitation, determining proposal requirements, developing and ensuring compliance with the company’s proposal process, integrating writing from various sources to respond to RFIs/RFPs, and providing responses to follow-up and clarification questions. Proposal specialist ensures that all information presented in a proposal is accurate, positively reflects the company’s capabilities and meets the RFP/RFI’s objectives. This position will also be responsible for following established proposal development processes and procedures, coordinating tasks to meet applicable deadlines, and working with internal subject matter experts.
- Track performance metrics and progress on all proposals, alert senior management at times of risk or lacking progress.
- Write clear and persuasive content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment for competitive proposals in support of the Commercial Aviation CAS Sales Team.
- Read, review, and dissect complex requests for proposal (RFP), requests for quotation (RFQ), invitations to bid (ITB) and request for information (RFI) to determine scope and requirements.
- Organize and analyze information, specifications and quotations in conjunction with functional departments (i.e. Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering) in accordance with Proposal Management processes and RFP requirements.
- Anticipate and communicate potential risk as appropriate on specific business- and/or process-related issues relating to proposals.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather and obtain the necessary information to clearly articulate a winning strategy and compelling solution.
- Research and combine information from multiple sources into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and accurate final product.
- Coordinate calls at the pre-response and post-award phase with internal stakeholders acting as project manager to ensure organization-wide compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all proposal processes for all participants in the proposal process.
- Responsible for document control and retention relating to proposals and ensuring adherence to audit requirements.
- Draft and prepare bid presentations regarding RFPs, other strategic initiatives, comparative analysis, cost and substantiation, lessons learned to Senior Leadership in a concise manner.
- Execute and oversee approval request of bid, follow-on business standard requirements to Senior Leadership.
- Develop and maintain a current pool of customer facing copy by coordinating updates based on functional department feedback and Company information.
- Successfully and confidently interface with different functional groups, such as Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering.
- Attend customer meetings and participate on customer calls with Sales as needed.
- Review, validate, and upload proposal documents received and maintain all related data in central repository.
- Prepare reports including metrics regarding work completed, pending and overdue.
- Coach and provide guidance to internal team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Aviation, Business Administration, or related discipline or equivalent education and experience required.
- 4+ years of related experience with demonstrated knowledge and experience of proposal management responsibilities.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of complex sales practices and RFP processes
- Problem solving skills and ability to navigate a matrix organization
- Ability to work with fundamental math concepts to calculate amounts, discounts, rebates and percentages
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedures and requests
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
- Advanced communication skills; both oral and written
- Customer focus and teamwork orientation
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive change
- Advanced knowledge / experience with developing Microsoft SharePoint sites
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM software
- APMP certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.