Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Program Management Lead
Grand Rapids, Michigan; St. Petersburg, FloridaJob ID IMS20220208-87929
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Program Management Lead
Job Code: IMS20220208-87929
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL or Grand Rapids, MI
Commercial Aviation Solutions is looking for a Program Manager. As a Program Manager your primary responsibility will be to lead Programs through the pursuit, planning and execution phases ensuring performance through effective monitoring and control. The Program Manager will ensure customer and business case objectives are met prior to closing out the program and transferring it to the In-Service Program team. You will need to build and influence cross functional teams to perform through the Commercial Aviation Ethos, which includes World Class Teamwork, Driving Accountability, and Versatility to build a culture of Excellence that will wildly exceed customer expectations. In addition to owning the accountability for program performance, you are responsible for contributing to the overall successful business performance of the Avionics Division. The general roles and responsibilities for the Program Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for execution and finances for an entire program including directing, controlling, administering and regulating the program. Program size may vary from less than $1M to greater than $20M.
- Responsible for the total development life cycle of a product. This life cycle includes ownership of the customer, pursuit activity, development efforts, program cost, schedule, and functionality.
- Ensure that the cross functional team is working together to execute the development program, including the following tasks: engineering (systems, software, hardware and certification), production, customer support, applications/certification engineering, finance, and quality and configuration management activities.
- Responsible for ensuring outsource activities and alliance partners are executing per financial and development schedule agreements. In addition, responsible for the management of customers, including the management of their expectations, customer satisfaction and scope.
- Act as a critical member of the Proposal Team involved with business case development, pursuit activities, and capture for both development and sustaining opportunities.
- Contribute to the evolution and growth of the Commercial Aviation products through strategy formulation and transform objectives into cross functional execution plans supporting business case and proposal development.
- Bring a passion for and knowledge of core program management planning elements such as requirements planning, deliverables definition, milestone definition, risk management, resource management & critical path scheduling are key.
- Lead your IPT and be accountable for monitoring and control phase of development program execution using robust management operating systems and integrated cross functional teaming approaches.
- Accountability for ensuring scope, schedule and cost baseline change control as well as delivering on production, quality and cost/profit objectives for assigned product lines.
- Knowledge of Earned Value techniques and reporting are required.
- Develop, maintain and manage internal performance scorecards for in service production/customer support programs.
- Develop and successfully transition new development product from qualification/certification into production ensuring a successful transition not only to production but to the aftermarket support team.
- Leverage a gated control and approval process for the Product life-cycle.
- Ownership and accountability for customer relationship and scorecard performance and the associated internal performance measures. Work across the functions to identify and plan activities required to continuously improve upon performance variances from business case objectives.
- Collaboratively partners with functional leaders across Commercial Aviation Division to provide enterprise wide leadership.
- Establish a process improvement culture within the Program Management team including direct involvement with process improvement idea generation and project execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Technical Management, or similar field.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project Management tools.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple complex programs at one time and meet required deadlines.
- Must have experience leveraging Continuous Improvement methodologies to ensure program performance an improve business effectiveness.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prefer MBA or advanced degree
- Prefer related program management experience with embedded engineering development products.
- Prefer experience in avionics industry, in both Military and Commercial Market Segments
- Prefer PMP certification along with previous experience utilizing earned value metrics
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.