Grand Rapids, MichiganJob ID AS20210702-56251
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Job Code: AS20210702-56251
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
This Production Supervisor reports directly to the Operation lead and is responsible for day to day supervision of a product line at the ACSS manufacturing facility. This position has responsibility for 10+ assemblers, technicians and support personnel. It is critical for the Production Supervisor to possess tactical execution capabilities coupled with a process improvement mindset
The Production Supervisor directs the activities of employees engaged in production work and acts as the communication channel between management. Their primary responsibilities are to ensure that the production process is carried out according to the procedure defined by the production documentation and to build product according to the production schedule to meet customer requirements. In addition, the manufacturing supervisor will be responsible for manpower planning and personnel related activities.
- Employee safety, performance reviews, job skills enhancements and career development
- Maximizing team efficiency through effective coaching, team building and mentoring
- Executing quantitative production performance metrics
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in fabricating, assembling, testing, inspecting, and repairing electronic products, systems, subassemblies, components, or parts
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement activities such as lean manufacturing to reduce scrap and increase productivity.
- Implementation and validation of work methods, such as machine setup, assembly, inspection sequence, repair, and test equipment operation
- Developing training schedules and development plans for new employees and evaluates the performance of workers.
- Perform employee appraisals recommending merit increases, promotions, or awards and taking appropriate disciplinary action as necessary.
- Maintain records for employees in the department such as attendance and performance evaluations.
- Providing operational focus to ensure that cost savings are realized and customer demand is satisfied.
- Experience with cycle time reduction, team-building and quality and process improvement principles preferred. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in an ambiguous environment. Must also demonstrate the ability to be agile, adjusting to frequently changing priorities.
- Interprets and enforces company policies/guidelines and enforces safety regulations.
- Supports the company’s Affirmative Action goals and promotes achievement of those goals within own areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Engineering; 5+ years of work experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
- 3+ years experience in supply chain and manufacturing management
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong, Proven Leadership Skills
- Ability to communicate with different levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with employees from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent data and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of manufacturing execution systems, ERP systems and quality systems
- Knowledge of Assembly and Test operations, Aerospace experience preferred
- Greenbelt certification preferred
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean principles is a plus
- Keen Sense of Urgency and a Bias for Action
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.