Hardware/Software Test Design Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title - Hardware/Software Test Design Engineer
Job Code: AS20200910-51661
Job location: Grand Rapids, MI
Aviation Products, is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L3Harris Aviation Products manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that set the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. This position would be responsible for Developing and implementing test system designs for new products and modifications of existing products with supervision from team leads. Responsible for Reviewing, testing, and releasing new test designs for manufacturing, engineering development, and product certification use.
- Bachelor of Science preferably in EE or CE.
- 4+ years in C programming experience.
- 4+ years in product testing experience.
- Experience working with digital circuits.
- Experience with avionics communication buses. i.e. Arinc 429/717, 1553, I2C, RS-232, and RS-422.
- Ability to execute troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making under the guidance of a mentor.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrates willingness to engage in continuous learning to advance in career.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Bachelor of Science in EE preferred.
- Experience with RF and automated RF test equipment is preferred.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- NI Lab Windows experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to use MS Office applications.
- Demonstrate ability to develop/debug complex C programs.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with the team.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and report to manager in a timely manner.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.