Finance Planning & Analysis Lead
Grand Rapids, MichiganJob ID AS20211702-56817
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Finance Planning & Analysis Lead
Job Code: AS20211702-56817
Job Location:Grand Rapids, MI
Job Description: As an Finance Planning & Analysis Lead, you will be responsible for leading planning and analytical processes in reporting, forecasting, cross-functional budget developments and supporting operation execution to meet commitments:
- Multi-years, annual, monthly planning & forecasting
- Reporting to Corporate and internal management
- Variance analysis and data analytics
- Related MEC (month-end-close) activities
- Strategic Goals (SGD) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting and trend analysis
- Product reporting
- Financial support of, and close work with, cross-functional organizations of the Operations, PMO and Engineering
- Corp and divisional process and policies adherence and compliance, to protect the company's assets
- Internal Controls & SOX testing / reviewing / communication, as needed
- Mentor and training employees as needed
- Special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required
- Development of the financial & operational portion of the annual plan AOP, to include operating income, cash flow, balance sheet and all other aspects of the financial plan
- Development of annual overhead rates for bids and costing, monitor and analyze the overhead costs and rates
- Develop the monthly short term forecast (STF) and supplemental reporting requirements
- Manage the process of calculating the monthly financial metrics required by the corporation
- Monitor performance against annual planned/forecasted costs
- Prepare and formally present financial data to management as the business cadence requires
- Support cross-functional continuous improvement (CI) activities (consolidations, cost optimization, transition projects)
- A Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance degree (MBA / CPA / CMA a plus)
- Minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience working in a Corporate Finace department or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing & engineering enviroment. Aerospace / Avionics experience a plus
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to perform financial analysis, modelling, executive presentations (written and verbal)
- Experience to negotiate across functional groups with awareness of personality types and styles
- Continuous demonstration of understanding revenue, profitability, product and costs drivers
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, engineering development and inventory valuation principles
- Demonstrated history of continuous improvement (e.g. Six Sigma) and ability to drive productivity and efficiency process improvement
- Experience with SOX/internal controls
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.