Electrical RF Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electrical RF Engineer
Job Code: AS20212102-56933
Job Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Job Description: The Commercial Aviation team in Grand Rapids, MI is looking for an Electrical RF Engineer. As an Electrical RF Engineer, you are part of our Surveillance Product Family team and your passion for wildly exceeding customer’s expectations drives us forward in setting the industry standards for RF Technology and Safety in Aircraft Collision & Terrain Avoidance. Acting as the first line of RF engineering response to our manufacturing and customer issues, you will communicate openly, and bring focused energy to finding the right solution while tolerating nothing less than the best. You will proactively organize and communicate to the appropriate stakeholders while working with various cross-functional team members. This role has been designed to develop your hands-on Electrical RF troubleshooting skills along with interpersonal skills. The role includes learning how to interface with the product through software interfaces and test stations. As part of our knowledge management system, you will bring forward the lessons learned to our new RF product development programs to help ensure our next generation of products build upon the success of those that came before it.
- Apply RF engineering knowledge to design and support Operations (Production, Repair & Overhaul and Test Engineering) by troubleshooting RF electronic equipment.
- RF technical interface between the Grand Rapids facility and engineers located at other L3Harris locations.
- Support or Lead Root Cause Failure Investigations of RF equipment.
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives to improve design, manufacturing assembly, and test methods for RF products.
- Responsible for performing job duties consistent with L3Harris Ethics, Financial, Health and Safety Standards.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 2 or more years RF and analog design experience.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with RF transmitters and receivers including hardware testing and applicable lab test equipment.
- Strong knowledge of industry and regulatory performance standards for L-Band products (978MHz through 1215MHz); especially at 1030MHz and 1090MHz.
- Ability to work in a team environment and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated to identify design issues and provide potential solutions through strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience designing high reliability electronics (aerospace, medical, automotive or equivalent)
- Self-starting & self-motivated.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.