Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Software Engineer - Goleta ($20,000 sign on bonus for qualified candidate)
Goleta, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20222807-87654
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are searching for a dynamic Sr Specialist, Software Engineer to join our team in Goleta, CA. This can be a remote role for local Goleta or Valencia candidates.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the development of computer software that monitors operation of the data acquisition hardware. The test equipment is configured to operate in many different environments including, factory, depot and maintenance operations, laboratory analysis, aboard ship, etc. The primary focus of the position is user interface (UI) development on Windows and Linux desktop platforms. A candidate with a strong understanding and a skilled eye for user interface design and development is preferred. Additional embedded software and hardware tasks may be assigned, based on the candidate’s skill set.
- Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide software engineering solutions including: software design, documentation, verification and validation, used in evaluating, testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
- Perform technical review, design analysis, development and selection of hardware and mission critical computer software.
- Modify existing hardware and software for systems or test facilities.
- Perform computer hardware and software development or implementation analyses; partition and structure the work to provide a means to assess and measure progress.
- Provide independent validation and verification of candidate designs and implementation approaches.
- Develop, test and document software code; support installation into higher level assembly as required.
- Perform software configuration management to ensure that the code reflects the latest version and revision level.
- Implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and evaluate design activities performed to assure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
- Review quality trends; conduct thorough design analyses including interface design, models, equipment prototypes and R&D test tools; interface with other technical personnel on quality issues.
- Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet established technical and schedule requirements and comply with company’s quality system procedures. Identify and report quality problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule objectives.
- Prepare design review material in support of SRR, PDR, CDR, and other technical audits for assigned designs.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Communications, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances, knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Six (6) years of software engineering experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Valid state driver’s license
- Active DoD Security clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of “UI” - User Interface, elements, tools, and techniques.
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Excellent computer skills; ability to comprehend new hardware / software applications.
- Ability to write a concise report of findings.
- Effective human relation skills are essential.
- Ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers operating computer equipment and other office equipment.
- Employee occasionally stands and/or walks to go into meetings or for discussions with other administrative / office personnel.
- Employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms in moving tools equipment and/or products as needed.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
- Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
- Travel may be required for several days on short notice via auto/air/rail.
- Testing aboard ship may be required.
- Interacts with the engineering department and other administrative staff.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.