On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Code: IMS20202607-48352
Job Location: Goleta, CA
Develop software and firmware for undersea data acquisition hardware configured to operate in many different environments including, factory, depot and maintenance operations, laboratory analysis, aboard ship, etc. The primary focus of the position is embedded development on FPGAs and Linux platforms for undersea devices. These devices provide critical data for defense and science customers. Work hands on hardware in a lab and in the field in unique and diverse locations.
- Develop C and C++ Applications on embedded Systems including FPGAs and SOCs
- Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide software engineering solutions including: software design, documentation, verification and validation, used in evaluating, testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
- Perform technical review, design analysis, development and selection of hardware and mission critical computer software.
- Modify existing hardware and software for systems or test facilities.
- Perform computer hardware and software development or implementation analyses; partition and structure the work to provide a means to assess and measure progress.
- Provide independent validation and verification of candidate designs and implementation approaches.
- Develop, test and document software code; support installation into higher level assembly as required.
- Perform software configuration management to ensure that the code reflects the latest version and revision level.
- Implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and evaluate design activities performed to assure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
- Review quality trends; conduct thorough design analyses including interface design, models, equipment prototypes and R&D test tools; interface with other technical personnel on quality issues.
- Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet established technical and schedule requirements and comply with company’s quality system procedures. Identify and report quality problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule objectives.
- Prepare design review material in support of SRR, PDR, CDR, and other technical audits for assigned designs.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Communications, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Active DoD Security clearance Perfered
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Digital Signal Processing
- Verilog, VHDL
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit
No Recently Viewed Jobs
Notice of Collection of Personal Information for California Residents
To Applicants for Employment Positions or Independent Contractor Engagements
This Notice of Collection for California Residents explains how L3Harris Technologies, Inc., its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “L3Harris”, “we” or “us”) collect and use your personal information when you submit it to us by website, email, paper, or other method to apply for employment with L3Harris or for work as an independent contractor. Note that, in many cases, we will supplement the information you provide with (a) background check results and, where relevant, driving record information from third parties; (b) other information from third parties that you instruct or authorize to send information to us; and (c) any relevant information from publicly available sources.
If you are a prospective employee, the categories of personal information listed below that we receive will be used to assess your suitability as an L3Harris employee, to evaluate your qualifications for available or anticipated employment positions at L3Harris, and for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated employment positions at L3Harris during that time.
If you are a prospective independent contractor, the categories of personal information listed below that we receive will be used to assess your suitability for available or anticipated engagements to perform work for L3Harris as an independent contractor, and for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated engagements to perform work for L3Harris as an independent contractor during that time.
The categories of personal information we may collect and process (but only to the extent and in a manner that is consistent with applicable law) are as follows:
- Personal identifiers and demographics. L3Harris collects personal identifiers (such as your name, contact information, Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number) and demographic information (such as your date of birth). Sensitive identifiers such as Social Security, passport, and driver’s license numbers should only be collected when there is a need for those identifiers (for example, to comply with immigration requirements or for the purposes of obtaining driving records or background checks).
- Job preference information. L3Harris will receive the information you submit about your job preferences (such as the posting and description of the job to which you apply, your compensation expectations, and your preferred start date).
- Professional, employment, and education information. L3Harris collects professional and employment-related information (such as information in your cover letter and resume/CV and a list of skills) and education information (such as certifications, license, academic transcripts, and confirmations of attendance at an educational institution).
- Health-related information. L3Harris may receive health-related information from you that is relevant to your application, such as when you provide information about your ability to perform certain job functions, the need for accommodations, or a disability. Please note that this notice is not intended to address any health information generated or maintained in connection with the L3Harris group health plan(s), which is governed by the US Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and is addressed separately in the other notices, policies, and procedures.
- Protected class information. L3Harris may receive protected class information from you as defined by applicable law (such as race, gender, copies of citizenship and right to work information, and veteran status).
- Comments. L3Harris receives any comments and messages you submit along with your job applications.
- Background check and public records information. With your permission, L3Harris may receive background check results and information contained in public government records (such as work history, credit history, driving records, criminal records, and court records).
- Publicly available information. L3Harris may review publicly available social media pages and other public Internet postings, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- Signature Data. L3Harris collects your signature and related authentication details in connection with any documents you electronically or physically sign and provide to L3Harris. This information may be used to maintain the integrity of our processes, enforce rights, prevent fraud, and validate your identity.
In addition, we may automatically collect other categories of personal information when you use a L3Harris website to submit your application to us. We use this information to provide and improve our website and job application processes, for anti-fraud purposes, and to create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain job postings. These additional categories may consist of:
- Online identifiers. L3Harris may collect your IP address and other online identifiers when you use L3Harris websites.
- Website activity information. L3Harris may monitor and collect L3Harris website activity information, such as website clicks, content and page views, and the website each visitor visited prior to our website.
Note that application information may be collected by us directly through our website or by email, and/or application information may be collected on our behalf by our contracted third-party administrators.
If you have any questions concerning the above, please contact us at privacy.info@L3Harris.com