Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Quality Management
Goleta, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20221705-82509
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Quality Management
Job Location: Goleta, CA
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and positively impacts the financial performance of L3Harris. Communicates within and outside of organization to explain the policies and procedures that should be followed resulting in the highest quality product manufactured. Champion continuous quality improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS). Initiate and implement quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s product lines. Establish operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results. Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within the professional discipline. Educates and trains employees on following procedures and policies emphasizing to the employees their impact on the quality of the product and our customers overall satisfaction.
- Develop, implement, manage and integrate a QMS for the operation in Goleta, CA.
- Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manage quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establish and implement metrics for monitoring system effectiveness. Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel. Analyze customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develop process qualification standards and assist in process qualification.
- Oversee calibration, supplier quality, inspection, testing and training programs.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Review suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements. Interface with supplier quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Responsible for internal quality audits and participates in external quality audits.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies, and the local community.
- Drives Zero Defects internally and with suppliers.
- Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements and deliverables.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and skills within Quality Assurance and a broad understanding of other areas within Operations.
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in QA area.
- Be able to obtain a US Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Management experience
- AS9100 Quality Management System experience
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- ASQ Quality Manager Certification
- APQP experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.